tie rod question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings -

Excuse my lack of knowledge about this.. I'm in the midst of rebuilding the passenger-side knuckle and I notice that the tie rod end is pretty beat up looking. Does this require an entire new tie rod or is just this rubber boot and spring piece replaceable? Thanks again for any guidance.

IMG_5595.jpeg

I believe you can do just the boots depending on what brand they are.

Threads look wonky to me? Like hourglass shape or something

I would just get a new end from Kurt at @cruiseroutfit. They really aren't that expensive.

yeah noticed the thread shape but wasn't sure if that is normal..

yeah noticed the thread shape but wasn't sure if that is normal..
That's where the cotter pin goes, rotate the camera angle 90* and you would be looking at the hole.

Bought a new end kit from Kurt. Might as well do it while I have the thing apart. Its going to take me a while to clean off all the crud on there anyway.

Thanks again

Does this require an entire new tie rod or is just this rubber boot and spring piece replaceable?
You can still get the OEM rubber and spring.
45479-30030 SEAL, DUST
90522-32011 RING, SET

I changed mine some time ago.

You can still get the OEM rubber and spring.
45479-30030 SEAL, DUST
90522-32011 RING, SET

I changed mine some time ago.

Sorry for bringing this one back from the dead, @-MaTTi- , does 90522-32011 provide you with a single spring or multiple springs (enough for multiple tie rods)? The 'set' part is throwing me off.

Thanks

Sorry for bringing this one back from the dead, @-MaTTi- , does 90522-32011 provide you with a single spring or multiple springs (enough for multiple tie rods)? The 'set' part is throwing me off.

Thanks
A single spring as far as I remember. I ordered 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom