Ford Can we talk about the new Bronco? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like it. Always been a fan of the old Broncos, and this new one is intriguing. I agree that Toyota should have taken this approach with the FJ Cruiser. Removable tops/doors, and lots of versions to satisfy everyone, from grocery getters to hard core off roaders. It will be interesting to see how Ford does with this reboot, but so far I like the direction they are headed. I may actually be driving one in a year or so if they execute this well.

I think it’s a better option for the mall crawler crowd. IFS makes way more sense for the kind of use they see and it will fulfill the “offroad lifestyle” image they are trying to achieve.

I think it’s a better option for the mall crawler crowd. IFS makes way more sense for the kind of use they see and it will fulfill the “offroad lifestyle” image they are trying to achieve.
Maybe I am ignorant, but it seems like everyone who has a vehicle with a SFA and wheels in such a manner that warrants it, usually has built their truck anyways.
Jeep is still mass produced SFA rig...

I reserved a Badlands 2 door manual, pretty stoked. It’s not an extreme wheeler but that’s not what I’m looking for out of it. I think it will be quite fun to cruise in with the doors and top off next summer. If successful, it may (outside chance) influence Toyota to do something similar. EcoBoost engines are pretty slick too, my 2.7 F-150 pushes about 400bhp and 500tq without a hiccup! Nice to see a legitimate option outside of the Wrangler in the segment, I think they’ll do well.

I absolutely love it. Im actually considering selling both my 7.3L diesel Excursion and my 80 series and getting one. The 200 can pull my boat if I need to so I won't have to have that.

Ive missed the open-air experience my previous FJ40s provided. Toyota has never offered anything since the 40 with that option (maybe first get 4runner, but not quite). Never liked Jeeps, too common.

My 7.3L Excursion has been the toughest, most reliable vehicle ive ever owned ( and Ive owned a lot of LCs) so I can appreciate Ford.

As far as it being a "mall crawler" because of IFS, I disagree. Im as old-school as they come, but IFS has come a long way. With factory front and rear lockers and factory 35s, I don't see any reason why it couldn't go anywhere that a built 80 would.

I absolutely love it. Im actually considering selling both my 7.3L diesel Excursion and my 80 series and getting one. The 200 can pull my boat if I need to so I won't have to have that.

Ive missed the open-air experience my previous FJ40s provided. Toyota has never offered anything since the 40 with that option (maybe first get 4runner, but not quite). Never liked Jeeps, too common.

My 7.3L Excursion has been the toughest, most reliable vehicle ive ever owned ( and Ive owned a lot of LCs) so I can appreciate Ford.

As far as it being a "mall crawler" because of IFS, I disagree. Im as old-school as they come, but IFS has come a long way. With factory front and rear lockers and factory 35s, I don't see any reason why it couldn't go anywhere that a built 80 would.

Agreed, the 2 door Bronco has reportedly posted a 700 RTI score. A stock Rubicon puts down a 693, so they are for all intents and purposes dead even. I would definitely concede that the SFA is easier to modify down the road and a simpler system, if I was building a budget wheeler it’s likely the route I would go. I’ve owned a bunch of Toyota wheeling rigs over the years, most solid axle and some IFS, they all met my expectations. I have no issue with the suspension setup on the Bronco, admittedly it will spend ~85% of its life on the road where IFS is the better setup. I’m way more excited about other aspects of the vehicle than I am at all disappointed by the suspension configuration! I also have a 100 series that is by no means an extreme wheeling vehicle but it does everything we need it to very well.

Last edited:
I am disappointed no manual and V-6 option. but the 4 cylinder make 270 horsepower in Ranger configuration and 322 horsepower in Mustang configuration. Ford also offers a factory tune for the Mustang that adds about 35 horsepower and the same torque and does not void the warranty .

Looks good.

The Warthog looks better.

I wish Toyota was still this excited about developing 4x4s for the US.

I reserved one, I think it looks pretty awesome! Capable and modern. Affordable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom