Tire Pressure Monitor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has any one added a tire pressure system to there 80? I just order tires and if I'm going to add it, now is the time. Prices have really come done and seem reasonable. That is great but the market is flooded with options.

Ideal would be something that fits in a factory 80 punch out. I've only seen what would work in the late model Toyota punch outs.

Just curious what people have used and what does and doesn't work.

I added a photo so some can know what I referring too.

IMG_3297.PNG

Like to see where this goes. Been debating for some time.

Get a tire gauge. ;)

Half the time the OEM TPMS doesn't work in vehicles so.....

I had the Hella TC-400 for several years.

At first I had to relocate the receiver a few times until I found the sweet spot. Once in a while a tire would lose signal, but it would come back

It was all good till after 5 years of use that I needed to replace the batteries in the sensors and found out the batteries are not replaceable ! urggg....since then I have no system

I liked having the TPMS... for me it was a peace of mind

Don't forget to have your wheels re-balanced if you add any of these systems.

I forget if the Ford or GM system from Conti has a standard rubber valve stem. Some even attach with a band to the rim instead of the valve stem. Or change your wheels to something newer with the stem seat machined for the sensor. Alo, I believe there are a couple different angles for the sensors depending on the type of wheel they go into. Has to do with the angle between the stem and rim wall on the inside.

I agree with sleepycruiser, a tire gauge is a better idea. it promotes checking around the vehicle whenever you get gas. This seems like added cost without much benefit.

I air my tires up/down often enuff that I don't see a value to such a system. My wife's car has it and it triggers due to weather changes.

I air my tires up/down often enuff that I don't see a value to such a system. My wife's car has it and it triggers due to weather changes.

Same here. She goes into panic mode EVERY time and it can only be filled with Nitrogen because...well, SCIENCE! :p

edit: I just top it off with my CO2 tank HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Same here. She goes into panic mode EVERY time and it can only be filled with Nitrogen because...well, SCIENCE! :p

edit: I just top it off with my CO2 tank HAHAHAHHAHAHA
I won't tell :lol:

I think they are a waist of money eyes honestly as others have said the weather triggers them I just check my air pressure every oil change and before any long trip and if I'm off road I am already airing down and up any ways so I just don't dwelling they are worth the cash.

My trailer came with a TPMS system. It'll monitor both pressure and temperature. You can set alarms for whatever value you want. The receiver looks something like an old school GPS. It is marketed for semi trucks as well so it'll monitor 18 transmitters and sequentially step through them. I had the receiver on the bench in the garage and turned it on. It connected with the tire transmitters that were parked about 150ft away. Pretty impressive, wonder how long the batteries will last?

All the vehicles I've owned with TPMS just annoy me. It's there to tell you it's the first cold day of the fall, or in the case of the tesla and the volt, to warn you that your tire pressure is completely normal :hillbilly:

TPMS on a trailer does sound like the ticket though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom