SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (4 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy s***!!! More than a tumble.. anyone know if they are ok?
Driver was out of the Jeep, but tried to stop the Jeep and got hurt. Passenger was ejected. She is alive, but has a long road ahead. 10 month old dog was ejected as well, and found 2 or 3 days later.

Driver was out of the Jeep, but tried to stop the Jeep and got hurt. Passenger was ejected. She is alive, but has a long road ahead. 10 month old dog was ejected as well, and found 2 or 3 days later.

A little more detail:

^^^
I just opened this newspaper article...glad to hear the girl is doing well.👍👍

Take a look at the Comment Section at the bottom of the article. Some guy wants to tax Drivers that go into the back country with their overbuilt vehicles. The writer likes to hike & bike in the back country.🆘🆘🆘

^^^
I just opened this newspaper article...glad to hear the girl is doing well.👍👍

Take a look at the Comment Section at the bottom of the article. Some guy wants to tax Drivers that go into the back country with their overbuilt vehicles. The writer likes to hike & bike in the back country.🆘🆘🆘

I can see where he would feel that way. We have to pay a yearly ORV fee to off-road motorized vehicles in Texas. We get a sticker. Honestly I wouldn’t mind paying a “reasonable” fee to off-road in CO, etc. If states structured it in time blocks, like fishing licenses, all the better. I’d like to think that would help weed out some of the idiots, but that’s probably wishful thinking.

^^^
I hear you...but different strokes for different folks.

Texas and many other states have Off Road Parks. In the West and in Colorado where this accident occurred a very large part of the lands are not private and instead already belong to the public...you & me.

Gasoline taxes takes care of roads...as do the Forest Service and to a smaller degree the BLM...that’s in part what they get paid to do. And we are already paying taxes to pay for this. I’m not in favor of additional taxes...no matter what it is called.

Not trying to get political in anyway, and while I respect your thoughts...I just do not agree with them.👍

^^^
I hear you...but different strokes for different folks.

Texas and many other states have Off Road Parks. In the West and in Colorado where this accident occurred a very large part of the lands are not private and instead already belong to the public...you & me.

Gasoline taxes takes care of roads...as do the Forest Service and to a smaller degree the BLM...that’s in part what they get paid to do. And we are already paying taxes to pay for this. I’m not in favor of additional taxes...no matter what it is called.

Not trying to get political in anyway, and while I respect your thoughts...I just do not agree with them.👍

Good points, John. I’d lay you odds our political views are very similar across the board.

Good points, John. I’d lay you odds our political views are very similar across the board.

And I would lay odds that you are correct.👍🎯🇺🇸

Had fun with friends from SAS, I went flying with Mesa Man (Gabe). We also ran Elephant hill, beef basin and Lockhart basin with Adil, Jason, Joe and a guy named Chevy along with his girlfriend.
E06A69C8-5BB5-4114-86E1-6FABFA472DA8.jpeg
58FBBD8E-B7E8-4989-9903-7EDDF4EBA414.jpeg
EDA646AC-23C1-41A2-95ED-F090E80DB96B.jpeg
FFCD7704-989D-4CF5-9EAF-00618AD45397.png
76EBF469-AA5F-4D8A-8A1A-F3ACA7A18C9C.png

Thanks Jason! It was an honor to fly with you, would have loved to see those ruins in person as well. Something for next time. Man I love Utah!

Last edited:
Looks like a super time! 👍. Sorry I was not able to make this trip.🙉

Bobbies hole was pretty churned up trying to get up into beef basin.

Jason, is that a new tent for you? Springbar or a Kodiak?

E29BC045-4E8A-4482-8855-3A27583B4633.jpeg

That is our small Kodiac tent that we have had for a while. We use it if we are only staying a night or two.

I have a quick question for you guys,

There was a vendor there selling leather keychain stuff. Does anyone have their contact information handy?

Thank you,

Mike

They are out of OKC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom