Weatherstripping Guide 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah but you have like six arms, doncha? a clumbsy ox like me needs to have a catcher for the glass....
lol....i break things looking at them. fortunately, your pig glass has been in there for decades and it doesnt' like to fall out.

New in bag cargo glass weatherstrip $275

New in bag windshield gasket $50

IMG_5309.JPG

Show me which ones you need. I landed a BUNCH of gaskets since I posted I needed those. The truck I had was dismantled 10+ years ago and the PO stashed them. It's a treasure trove.

I circled it in this picture. I also need one of the metal bars that is in the door between that fixed window and the roll up window. My doors were all taken apart and one side is missing.
fj55-rear-door-gasket.jpg

I just ordered the 15001 for the body trim seal....but how does it install? DO you have some pics? I have the factory trip that runs around the body door opening, and don't see room for weatherstrip. Does the 15001 clip on or is it glued on?

Thanks

Did you figure it out? There is a body seam that it should just push onto. Is your factory strip just a harder plastic/rubber that pushes on like newer trucks and 4runners? The 15001 has the addition of the bulb seal on it and I assume replaces the old stock strip. I was going to use ones from a 90's 4Runner but I like that the 15001 has the bulb part that would seal to the door better and can be made in one piece per door.

Prices have gone up considerably since the Google Doc weatherstrip guide was made so I'm stocking up on everything I need now and about to place an order with Rockauto for the Fairchild 1500125, 06368 window channel and the 01484X2 beltline strip that people have been using for the inner side of the door glass. Also going to call BD Company to get the 75001371 glass felt strip for the outer part of the door glass. They emailed me back and said to call in the order and they will cut down the 8' piece to save on shipping. It's $38.99 and shipping was going to be $38.71 to California...

What are you guys using for the inner side of the tailgate glass? Would the Fairchild 01484X2 work for that also?

Big Frank created the Google doc but it looks like he hasn't been on here since 2014. Part #'s, prices and links could use updating and I would do it but need permission to edit the doc.

Reserection; Curious- has anyone actually installed a front windshield using a 60 series gasket? I know it's been discussed many times but I have not been able to find an actual example posted around here.

Has anyone here purchased and installed the Cityracer door gaskets/seals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom