What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

119682875_10220248567459018_7254384590870044352_n.jpg

Nicely done! What mounting plate did you use?

I used a universal one from harbor freight. If I hadn't already trimmed the whole thing, I probably would have taken it back and found a different one with less mounting holes in it. When it came time to drill the new holes, I was cutting it pretty close to the pre-drilled ones. Besides that, everything worked out pretty well.

It's rear suspension Friday!

Tourflex rear coils from @TRAIL TAILOR going in (waiting on fronts until I have more weight.)
1601067768186.png

Also got my @Hitit66 bumpstop extensions installed though I may drop from 2" down to 1.25" once I finalize my shock choice.
1601067676139.png

Waiting on extended swaybar end links from @NLXTACY which should arrive shortly, also have new bushings ready to go.

@eimkeith 's panhard bar kit showed up in the mail today so will tackle that tomorrow if I can finish up my real job stuff first.

Just settling the springs down I picked up 1.25-1.5" of height over my old OME 860 springs.

Pretty boring stuff but had to be done ASAP as I’m trailering either dirt bikes or jet skis every weekend. Thankfully this short ended here & not with my rig in flames or me having to pull the pin on Joey’s Wits End FEM

34B2E8BB-7E1C-4010-ADFC-A7D737C64EB2.jpeg
D52C8FBD-86F6-4C5E-A147-FDA23F1A3912.jpeg

Pretty boring stuff but had to be done ASAP as I’m trailering either dirt bikes or jet skis every weekend. Thankfully this short ended here & not with my rig in flames or me having to pull the pin on Joey’s Wits End FEM

View attachment 2446386View attachment 2446387

I just purchased that same hopkins 43405 trailer harness for my rig. Is your shorted/melted part an OEM toyota part or a hopkins part?

I just purchased that same hopkins 43405 trailer harness for my rig. Is your shorted/melted part an OEM toyota part or a hopkins part?
The melted part is the original OEM converter. Worked fine for 24 years until last weekend.

Installed Gamaviti rack. It’s intended to go on a 60 later but will work on the 80.

Braced the crap out the rear bumper. The rear cross member welds were coming undone so this should work. I don’t need the best departure angle right now.

Installed some trail tailor LCA’s

I still need to install ARB compressor harness,
Mount and wire a wheelin’ P.A. off an old military gun truck, and hog out the holes for the airbag spring perch to avoid chafing.

Forgot to mention built a crawler course for my 4 year old and his new Trail Honcho, courtesy of the rack’s shipping box. Thanks Tim!

F2AC363B-8BCC-4002-90FF-306EC9C8D937.jpeg

DDA5CAF0-C2A1-4229-A78D-7B7A5B0FDEB2.jpeg

ED0F1EC4-38C2-4E87-9EF0-1893D3D2688A.jpeg

7FEB9864-47EC-4842-AD12-A1F5B94818C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Diagnosed why my 80 would feel and sound like it was missing and would die when I hit the gas. I made sure all the plug wires were secure and pushed all the way down, grazed the TPS wire harness and the idle immediately changed and it stopped dying but it was still very rough and would bog under manual throttle manipulation to an extent. This is the weekend I was supposed to go camping and my 80 let me down, for the 2nd weekend in a row. Last weekend, I was going to rent a trailer and haul some stuff to the town recycling center and pick up sheet goods. Starter quit on me last Friday night and had to have it towed back home, 2.5 miles.

Wife brought up the suggestion "maybe you should sell it". I may consider that as an option, as much as I love this cruiser it might just not be the canvas to work on.
Still on the fence.

I did get my reman Denso starter yesterday from Toyota so that'll go on while I wait for a new TPS. Oh and my brake booster hose arrived from Wits End today, thanks @NLXTACY for always getting me my parts and for adding more and more stuff to your site. Hopefully your wife is doing well and you're not pulling what hair you have left out stressing over everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom