2016+ Diesel Tundra? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the word on these? I heard they were planning on bringing a Cummins Tundra to the US. Is that dead? My dad is looking to replace his 2000 Tundra sometime soon but there isn't much out there that comes close in the new vehicle market.

I don't think anything ever materialized.....I was holding out for one but kinda gave up. Maybe if the Titan w/Cummins does well they may. And then theres the VW controversy.....

vwMin.gif

2016 Toyota Tundra Diesel News and Price - Toyota USA

I'll believe it when I see it......

The '16 Nissan Titan is using a Cummins 5.0 liter diesel V8, coupled to an Allison Transmission, with an AAM rear end....
Honestly, it might as well be a RAM 2500 or GMC/Chevrolet 2500...

The article posted by a previous poster is rather dubious. The language of the article suggests that it was not professionally checked.

Specifically, looking at the wording and grammar of this line: "Under the covering of the 2016 Toyota Tundra Diesel model will be on the newest Cummins 5-liter turbo V8 engine using diesel. This engine is a newer view of the preceding model run on a petrol engine. The turbo engine will generate 500 lb. feet of torque and speeds up to 300 horsepower."

Just doesn't look professional, nor passed off by an editor. Knowing what I know about Toyota, it would have been checked 4 or 5 times by different people to correct any issues with the article before it being posted publicly.

Last edited:
Missed opportunity for Toyota,I will still keep my old diesel Cruiser around but the dailys will be from the competition!

Wifey drives a 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel and I have a 15 Ram 2500 Diesel,would love to trade both of them for a new Diesel Toyota's but if they ain't bringing it, money will be going to whoever is offering a new Diesel !

Sad but true.

Joe

not gonna happen

While Toyota will never bring a diesel to the US market, how privlidged we all should feel to be getting the new Toyota Mirai fuel cell car,  :bang: a smaller motor in the Tacoma, and a lx with led headlamps and a big touch screen on the dash. Yes that's what we all want. Hip hip hooray fellow librarians.
That new Tacoma motor makes more power than the previous 4.0 and gets better mileage, I'm pretty impressed honestly.

While Toyota will never bring a diesel to the US market, how privlidged we all should feel to be getting the new Toyota Mirai fuel cell car,  :bang: a smaller motor in the Tacoma, and a lx with led headlamps and a big touch screen on the dash. Yes that's what we all want. Hip hip hooray fellow librarians.

That's what sells cars. New cars sitting un-purchased on car lots doesn't make the company any money.
IIRC Toyota sells more 200 series in other markets in 1 day than they sell in the US in an entire year.

Also, outside of the lunatic fringe community, like that represented by 'Mud, there are not many consumers who are willing to pay upwards of $70,000 for a new VDJ-79 'Cruiser with cloth seats, manual windows, no bed (cab and chassis model), no sat-nav, and no cup holders. You can get a completely loaded Chevy Silverado 2500, with a bigger V8, more cup holders than you can count, and leather seats for less.

These days you have VDJ-76 with power everything .. ain't gonna be the best ride in the world but should do more than ok on HW and long rides .. still you can get it with factory snorkel, winch and lockers .. 80 - 90 grand .. well worth it ..

Why would they get a cummings if Toyota makes a great 4.5 twin turbo diesel for the 200 series and even the Lexus LX is getting it now

Lexus ? getting the 1VD-FTV ..? Where ?

Why would they get a cummings if Toyota makes a great 4.5 twin turbo diesel for the 200 series and even the Lexus LX is getting it now

they were talking to cummins about the v8 diesel that went into the titan. getting a diesel in the us is unlikely that it will ever happen unfortunately, not a big enough market and toyota dosnt want to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom