Builds Chef's FJ45LWB-PU (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couple more. Hoping to have the bedliner on the floor by the middle of the week. Paint has to cure before taping

20200908_200826(1).jpg

20200908_200352.jpg

Wow, that is really sharp!

Als liner tinted to match body color on the floor and transmission hump. Fingers crossed we can get some stuff done this weekend. Hope to get body mounted Sat.

20200909_211259.jpg

20200909_211344.jpg

20200909_211453.jpg

20200909_211401.jpg

so, do you think they put the bolts in all the floor holes to keep the threads clean, or did they actually paint all the bolt heads for final install??? I figure if they shot with al's liner, it would not fit into the socket....

so, do you think they put the bolts in all the floor holes to keep the threads clean, or did they actually paint all the bolt heads for final install??? I figure if they shot with al's liner, it would not fit into the socket....
I think the answer is “yes” 😉

Sacrificial bolts. We discussed earplugs vs bolts last weekend. New bolt kits are sitting there waiting. Body color bolt and screw heads on outside like tailgate but cad inside.

Little progress at the end of last week and over the weekend.. Body was loosely placed on the frame prior to arrival Sat morn.

9.11 1.jpg

9.11 2.jpg

9.11 3.jpg

The real fun began upon arrival Sat morn.. Loose fenders, tub, apron, hood. For those that have done this before, it is fairly time consuming to line everything up. Lots of wiggle, nudge, push, pull, swear, etc..

9.12 1.jpg

9.12 2.jpg

9.12 3.jpg

Little more nudge, poke, prod, cuss, then sigh of relief.

9.12 4.jpg

9.12 5.jpg

9.12 6.jpg

Running board material being cut to size and holes for the bolts. Running boards are on but will install the material and the trim ring on the top of the running boards in a later episode of this program.

rb1.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

...it is fairly time consuming to line everything up.
Especially if components aren’t straight to begin with 😆. I’m 20+ hours into my alignment, almost there, waiting for the 85mm body mount bolts and hockey pucks as spacers to show up. Yup, a major set of compromises.

But this rig is looking awesome :clap:. Another element for those heading down this path is the effort necessary to keep everything pristine and unscratched during assembly. Shows a great penchant for detail and patience!

It's all you @Chef . Little more progress on the small bits going into color. Pewter is supposed to fly tonight on seat frame touchup, mirror arms, dash bits.

Resized_20200914_181733.jpeg

20200914_182122.jpg

Inside tailgate done with Al's tinted bedliner. Should be ready to install Saturday. Accessories that will be pewter are being put in epoxy now. I dropped off 2 OEM side rear view mirrors and had the body shop guy prep to install a passenger side mirror assembly. The tack welded plate with 2 nuts will go inside the body on the pass side to mount the second mirror. Pewter to fly soon!

Tailgate Als.jpg

PewterPrep.jpg

Pewterprep2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom