Events/Trails Pig Party 2020💥🎉💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We missed out on this one during the PP whiskey tasting night.
Just cracked open the bottle and it's delicious. Thanks Jim.
IMG_20200913_190925208_HDR.jpg

Looks like a good time was had by all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...mostly. Pro tip numero uno. Make sure the exit overhang at your motel in Lander WY offers the same clearance as the one at the entrance.
Looks like all will end well thanks to insurance. Roof needed paint touch up anyway. Might have ended better if one of JMack’s dogs was at the wheel!
456BE068-0886-4248-B038-A33D6A46D97F.jpeg

might need to put a whip on the front that is the same height as the back.

...0r just pay a little more attention.

Last edited:
We've stayed at that motel before. 👍

Jim, I've done the same thing bringing mine home from paint, no glass in it and started to rain. I freaked and tried to back it in on the trailer to my house garage which I've backed many trailers with a load of hay in there before. Nope just a tad too tall and scratched the roof paint pretty good before I noticed. Lesson learned.

Guess we'll both have to cut JMack some slack for letting his dog drive the Target Carrier down that hill at PP2018! All that's left hanging at this point (bad pun unintended) is working out rooftop tent damage with the ins. company. Tweaked the frame on it enough that'll probably end up being replaced with some depreciation out of pocket for us.

My dad did something similar pulling into a McDonald’s with his trailer. He saw the canopy to late to back out, said f it, gave it plenty of gas and didn’t stop till the next town. Pulled it to an air conditioning repair shop at said his AC don’t work on mo. Guy climbs up on the roof of the trail and informs him there isn’t an AC unit no mo. But had down a 10’ clearance sign.

in the long run makes for great camp fire stories

Handed down

I pulled a 110 Defender into a parking garage at an Airport in the UK last year and caught the last few inches of the roof on a "no vehicles over this height" bar. The bar was an I-Beam and was fixed in the vertical position, no give whatsoever!

I pulled a 110 Defender into a parking garage at an Airport in the UK last year and caught the last few inches of the roof on a "no vehicles over this height" bar. The bar was an I-Beam and was fixed in the vertical position, no give whatsoever!
But Defenders come from the factory with bumpy panels and questionable build quality, so who would have known the difference?

so i get home today, crack a beer, and open my new copy of Toyota Trails, thumbing thru looking for a pig, then I see it. A story on the Magruder Corridor Trail! WTF? No offense to writer, but we did take trails to look outs, we did travel as group of pig owners, AND..... we had Deo taking pictures! Not sure if they were looking to fill space, or if we are kinda the Red headed step children(No offense you fire crotches) lots of redheads in my family. anyway i read his story, nice. But I did not get the feeling he had as great a time as I did at PP20, my first. After reading all the smart ass remarks from people on mud, I can tell you- they are real! I had the best time ive had in a long time-thanks again

I’m glad you mentioned this. I wasn’t able to attend this year. So when I saw the story title, I was excited and hoping to read a write up about PP20. After reading it, I thought “Ok, probably another guy on his own trip through the Magruder Trails.” So was the author in the 200 rolling with you guys at the same time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom