Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Laid up with a tweaked back again.. Sucks getting old. But still working on stuff.

LS3 intake cover

J

1599619963784.png

Seals start to leak. Not an issue for a DD, but guys that are locking right to left in rocks with 35"+ tires are pushing seals out the bottom of the box.

Like, which seal specifically? I have never heard of that ever happening

Blows the lower seal. Seen it happen 4 times so far. One was due to a s***ty REDHEAD rebuild but the other three were good condition boxes.

Huh, interesting. Like the lowest sector shaft seal? I didn’t think that one actually sees hydraulic pressure

Huh, interesting. Like the lowest sector shaft seal? I didn’t think that one actually sees hydraulic pressure

Yeah, and it's an issue all over the board or there wouldn't be so many companies making these reduction valves for the GM pumps. I think it was Stan that had the uppers and hoses leak on a few as well.

J

Do you happen to know how many degrees drop in engine compartment temperature you observe with the hood scoop and the LS3? I would think it would be significant.

I honestly doubt it will pull it down much, maybe 5 degrees. I may be wrong... But if a scoop is installed it should be functional. I love the look and its just part of the cool factor for me.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom