For Sale COPART - 2020 LC Heritage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://www.copart.com/lot/47211480/2020-toyota-land-cruiser-vx-r-ky-lexington-west
Not mine. No affiliation. Hopefully everyone involved is ok.
1599666543681.png

Yikes. I wonder what level of damage it would say on the Carfax. Moderate + airbags deployed?

Very easy fix BTW, The most important thing is the lower reinforcement bar and frame! the damaged part is just a radiator support.

That’s fair. So any thoughts how it would be rated by Carfax? Just trying to get an idea when they say minor or moderate, what that actually looks like after the accident.

That’s fair. So any thoughts how it would be rated by Carfax? Just trying to get an idea when they say minor or moderate, what that actually looks like after the accident.
So if they are selling it smashed does this mean too expensive to fix and/ or owner didn’t have insurance?

Very easy fix BTW, The most important thing is the lower reinforcement bar and frame! the damaged part is just a radiator support.

It’s been about 25 years since I worked in a body shop, but I’ll agree with you. The windshield isn’t cracked and the A-pillars look smooth. Strip away the hood and fenders and it prob dossnt look too bad.

It’s been about 25 years since I worked in a body shop, but I’ll agree with you. The windshield isn’t cracked and the A-pillars look smooth. Strip away the hood and fenders and it prob dossnt look too bad.

Someone post the vin then...JTMCY7AJ5L4093441

Second row airbags blow and you all want to comment with an “easy fix”?

Just because it has the chassis most cars do not, doesn’t mean it’s an easy fix.

Pity the fool...

Last edited:
VIN is shown in last pic on Copart.

I'm sure the insurance co doesn't want to deal with unknown's of the repairing of it and/or the owner not wanting to own a repaired LC. Taking it to Copart is the easy way out. They probably have a high reserve with the hopes of someone buying it and a "fix" for cheap. Once sold I bet it will have a salvage title.

That won't be easy or quick. That's pretty much what my front end lookedl ike after smashing a deer at 80 mph. 3 months and over $38,000 later it was fixed. Not sure why it wasn't totalled. It was right on the money line between totalling and fixing. I'm guessing because the body shop's original estimate was only $22,000, they decided to go ahead with the repairs. This was one of State Farms Elite Platinum shops too.

5309F8D1-8111-46ED-AA1D-F0F4E1C90295.jpeg

That is most definitely not a simple fix. If an Insurance company totaled a $90k vehicle with 300 miles on it, you can bet it is absolutely f*cked beyond belief.
Doesn’t actually seem to bad. Insurance company’s do not want to deal with anything with deployed bags. They are concerned more about supplemental claims. If the owner gets the vehicle back and is not happy with repairs they eat the truck and repairs. Easier to eat the truck and raise all our premiums 😂. Cars must be repaired to “pre-accident” condition, something with that much damage would be difficult to get that way. The concern is more the insured being happy with repair than if it can actually “be repaired”. It is VERY repairable just not to the insurance company. I’d say using all OEM parts that it would be 12-15k. The drivetrain will have to be flashed and due to the immobilizer and possible body modules replaced. -my opinion.

likely copart will want more than it’s worth anyhow. And most LC owners would rather not have something that looked like that prior.

The concern is more the insured being happy with repair
I can promise you that is absolutely not "the concern" from the insurance company. They have one concern and one concern only and that is maintaining profitability - I don't say this meaning to demonize them, they are a business afterall, but frankly they couldn't care less about your "feelings" of their repair. They simply do an assessment which is nothing more than a cost calculation, and in this scenario they deemed it more financially advantageous to them to sell it on copart than foot the bill for the repair. Sure maybe they are wrong and you can roll the dice and find out, but in 99 out of 100 cases you will most certainly be wrong.

Also, without seeing it, throwing out numbers like you have is nothing but shooting in the dark. Without getting it on the lift and assessing it, no one would have any idea. The one thing I can tell you for certain, is that to do it right it is significantly more than what you are suggesting...how much though exactly is impossible to say.

I can promise you that is absolutely not "the concern" from the insurance company. They have one concern and one concern only and that is maintaining profitability - I don't say this meaning to demonize them, they are a business afterall, but frankly they couldn't care less about your "feelings" of their repair. They simply do an assessment which is nothing more than a cost calculation, and in this scenario they deemed it more financially advantageous to them to sell it on copart than foot the bill for the repair. Sure maybe they are wrong and you can roll the dice and find out, but in 99 out of 100 cases you will most certainly be wrong.

Also, without seeing it, throwing out numbers like you have is nothing but shooting in the dark. Without getting it on the lift and assessing it, no one would have any idea. The one thing I can tell you for certain, is that to do it right it is significantly more than what you are suggesting...how much though exactly is impossible to say.
You are clearly operating off assumption. There is most definitely such a thing as supplemental claims hence the gentleman in the thread saying it was quoted at 22k in repairs and ended up being 3 months and 38k. Insurance companies do indeed calculate this in their estimates and indeed as an insured you have all the rights to refuse the repair if it does not meet your “standards” this is why they want you to use “their” partner body shops. I have refused a few cars from the insurance and they ended up a total loss. Been in the collision repair game for many many moons and have a Geico on site at my shop. That is about a 12-15k using OEM parts. Be good if someone was in the market to build an overland rig cause they will rid most of the OE parts anyhow.
Not going to argue but you are incorrect.

You are clearly operating off assumption. There is most definitely such a thing as supplemental claims hence the gentleman in the thread saying it was quoted at 22k in repairs and ended up being 3 months and 38k. Insurance companies do indeed calculate this in their estimates and indeed as an insured you have all the rights to refuse the repair if it does not meet your “standards” this is why they want you to use “their” partner body shops. I have refused a few cars from the insurance and they ended up a total loss. Been in the collision repair game for many many moons and have a Geico on site at my shop. That is about a 12-15k using OEM parts. Be good if someone was in the market to build an overland rig cause they will rid most of the OE parts anyhow.
Not going to argue but you are incorrect.

I'm operating off assumption? Wtf lol, half of your post is assumptions. Where did I say there is no such thing as supplemental claims? Obviously that is a thing and I am fully aware of it, but you are completely misunderstanding how this tends to work in the first place. There are a modicum of factors insurance companies look at when "totaling" a vehicle when you are making it seem like the single thing they are concerned with is whether or not the customer will be satisfied with the repair. Couldn't be further from the truth. As an insured, you absolutely do not have the right to refuse repairs you already agreed upon completing in all cases. Each policy and company are different and completely nuanced and the large blanket statements you continue to make are not doing anyone any favors.

And again, you have absolutely no idea knowing what that will cost "with OEM" parts without looking at it on a lift, full-stop, stop speculating. SO many things could be affected on this vehicle and it is impossible to know without getting under it, your guesses could be (and very likely are) incredibly inaccurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom