Fair price in used 8274 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, they do still sell them...BUT...do yourself a huge favor and dump them and upgrade to an Albright contactor. Cheaper AND more reliable.

Do some research in this section of MUD and I’m sure you will agree.

Flint, so I started dismantling this one and there was some serious rust on one of these and of course it cracked:-(. Do you know if they sale these pieces?

View attachment 2412929

Yes, parts are available individually or the entire solenoid pack....but if it were me....I'd ditch that and go with an Albright.

Yes, parts are available individually or the entire solenoid pack....but if it were me....I'd ditch that and go with an Albright.
Got it. Do you know which ones I would purchase? Do they bolt up the same way to the plate??

F88D2F68-EEDD-485E-80B6-401ECE43D3C1.jpeg

DBEB8A77-2A32-4CF9-A711-D079DD7BB5ED.jpeg

Awesome! My winch didn’t come with a controller so I need to swap out the plug. Does anyone know which plug and controller I should order and part numbers by chance?

This is what I used for my 3 pin controller on my 8274: Warn # 83665. Amazon for $60.

^^^
If it has 3 wire, yes.

Any suggestions on how to clean this up? Best to powder coat black or I was thinking of bead blasting it and getting it plated with clear zinc? Anybody got pictures of this cleaned up?

View attachment 2418731
Also, is there a trick to getting these small needle bearings out of the upper housing gear? It wasn’t rolling smoothly so I figured I’d replace them.

image.jpg

I had read that Warn doesn’t recommend dismantling the upper gear housing because the need for SST for rebuild. I hope you found success.

I used a great tutorial called “The most thorough rebuild of a Warn 8274” as my guide. The guy has tons of pics.

33F0B8A9-E94D-4893-82B0-E8158FFAF1DC.jpeg

I had read that Warn doesn’t recommend dismantling the upper gear housing because the need for SST for rebuild. I hope you found success.

Yup, I had left mine alone, way to hard to get back in...

I always seem to take the hard way. I popped them out and have some replacements on the way. I'll let everyone know the results:doh:

I must have gotten lucky but i found no issues while removing the gear in the upper housing. You can get a better bearing than what it came with and If i recall correctly they’re less cost than warn’s replacement. In an different thread I believe i mentioned the part number and manufacturer. I have it on my pc if anyone needs it. Reassembly was strait forward, too.

I must have gotten lucky but i found no issues while removing the gear in the upper housing. You can get a better bearing than what it came with and If i recall correctly they’re less cost than warn’s replacement. In an different thread I believe i mentioned the part number and manufacturer. I have it on my pc if anyone needs it. Reassembly was strait forward, too.
When I get to that point I may reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom