Frame Rust Input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As you guys know, I’ve owned my Land Cruiser for about seven years now. About a year ago I sprayed it for the first time with Woolwax As a way to prevent any future rust. While I was spraying it last year, I noticed that I had a patch of rust on the frame, passenger side rear.

Everything they tell you about these types of products, is that it essentially suffocated the rust because it’s not getting oxygen.

As I sprayed it today, I noticed the rust has gotten a little worst.

1. How bad do you guys think this is from year over year progression?
2. Do you have any shops you’d recommend to patch this guy up?

My guess is that the metal was already compromised underneath there and what I’m seeing is where the Woolwax couldn’t creep in.
5993CDC4-5D18-46F4-824F-D363D10D04A7.jpeg

89CE9482-01F4-4D31-B5FE-94204F6D55E0.jpeg

Thanks

8D027335-396B-4D47-B1C4-C8EC7DB980DA.jpeg

frame is pretty thick. Not sure I would worry about it.

frame is pretty thick. Not sure I would worry about it.

Easy enough for me! I’ll keep throwing the Woolwax on it and give it an annual checkup. Hoping it never really “turns its head and coughs” though.

I would wire brush, clean it up, then prime and paint that section. Woolwax I always thought of an additional layer of protection you put over paint or in areas that you can't paint like inside a frame.

I would wire brush, clean it up, then prime and paint that section. Woolwax I always thought of an additional layer of protection you put over paint or in areas that you can't paint like inside a frame.
That’s a good idea and I thought about that yesterday when I was spraying. I just Woolwaxed over it and planned on keeping an eye on the stuff. Easy enough to wipe it down and then paint over it, and is probably a more durable solution.

if you drive in any rain, you have water hurling at this spot at 60+ mph, typically with a little road grit too.. that coating of wax won't last long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom