Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto Naviplus Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Install that should have taken an hour or two took 3-4 with the most incomplete/vague instructions I have ever seen. For example, why point out the top two screws holding the factory display, that are clearly visible, and forget to mention the two at the bottom below the HVAC controls?

A few initial observations: If waze is running, the volume for spotify is reduced greatly. If the phone is connected on start up, CarPlay does not work, a disconnect and choosing "aux" as the audio source is needed.

Overall I am satisfied but the install was needlessly difficult.

I still haven't started my installation. I thought I had seen some install videos, but can't find them now. Anyone know where they can be found? I am talking about how to open up the dash and remove the screen mostly. But the more, the better. I can wrench under the hood ok, but nervous about messing up the interior.

I still haven't started my installation. I thought I had seen some install videos, but can't find them now. Anyone know where they can be found? I am talking about how to open up the dash and remove the screen mostly. But the more, the better. I can wrench under the hood ok, but nervous about messing up the interior.
Try this thread starting at about post 6. Has good info on taking the dash apart. This thread is for the other unit by EC Offroad but taking the dash apart is the same.

EC Off Road CarPlay/Android DIY Install for 2016 Land Cruiser

Mine is being installed as I type and the results are not good. The screen “jitters” something fierce. I’ve got an email into naviplus for assistance. Stay tuned.

Update #4: It seems that all models previous to MY2016 require modification to the oem unit to bypass touch selections. The plug and play option will be available in two months. If you’re willing to wait then another group buy will follow.

Update #3: Naviplus says 2013-2015 LCs will require modification of the oem units to bypass touch selections. A plug and play option will be available in a couple months. For those that are willing to wait, I’ve asked them to offer a discount code when the new unit is available.

Update #2: I’ve just been informed that the discount is 100AUD for those with a Lexus and the discount code is APR5. Naviplus says the Lexus units are already priced as low as possible.

Update: The discount code has been provided by Naviplus. Please keep an eye out for a pm. As per the agreement with Naviplus, Please refrain from sharing or releasing the code to others. Code will expire by September 5th, 2020. Thanks!

Naviplus has agreed to a flat 200AUD discount code. The offer will be a limited time offer and you will need to add your name to this thread in order to receive the code via pm. They do not want the code to be released on the internet.

*The sign up list will be available until Saturday, Aug 22, 2020.

Original post below:
For those that have been following the CarPlay thread here, I’ve reached out to Naviplus in Australia and they’re willing to offer a group buy. No details yet as to the quantity required or how much of a discount, but I assume over $100 because they offered a coupon code APR5 for $100 off of any unit. The code is for mud members that can’t wait for the group buy to end.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2018 (Resistive)
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

I’m unsure why Toyota model years 2008 and 2014-2015 are not included, but would contact them with any questions. They respond very quickly. I believe late model Lexus owners already have an option from beatsonic at a lower price point.

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers. You will not be required to prepay as it will just be another coupon code with a direct order from the site.

1. ty240
2. ferrisbueller
3. moby
4. jerbintennessee
5. omahawk200
6. casual cruiser
7. jprince
8. jefo13
9. atwoz
10. chris777
11. txmeatball
12. tabraha
13. j54
14. bennygp
15. mooneywa
16. chowchilla
17. scottsndale
18. danny noonan
19. cru1s3r
20. ravivt
21. bulletsmith
22. epc3
23. kms254
24. seajeff
25. jbssfelix
26. jamgolf
27. capital e
28. bigdaddy200
29. laserturbo91
30. onesprung60
31. dmoz
32. fdmd
33. propofol
34. jdbearden
35. gentimmy
36. talkingmeds
37. austindave
38. spoetzl
39. aflamm
40. sc4ta
41. joltman
42. maluch
43. indycole
44. tonyholland00
45. iowalc200
47. dntlflosstycoon
48. mars911red
49. thomasgs4
50. drcocacola
51. jzelnick
52. scderby
53. landyandy
I just got a 2011 LX. Am I too late for this discount?

Update #4: It seems that all models previous to MY2016 require modification to the oem unit to bypass touch selections. The plug and play option will be available in two months. If you’re willing to wait then another group buy will follow.

Update #3: Naviplus says 2013-2015 LCs will require modification of the oem units to bypass touch selections. A plug and play option will be available in a couple months. For those that are willing to wait, I’ve asked them to offer a discount code when the new unit is available.

Update #2: I’ve just been informed that the discount is 100AUD for those with a Lexus and the discount code is APR5. Naviplus says the Lexus units are already priced as low as possible.

Update: The discount code has been provided by Naviplus. Please keep an eye out for a pm. As per the agreement with Naviplus, Please refrain from sharing or releasing the code to others. Code will expire by September 5th, 2020. Thanks!

Naviplus has agreed to a flat 200AUD discount code. The offer will be a limited time offer and you will need to add your name to this thread in order to receive the code via pm. They do not want the code to be released on the internet.

*The sign up list will be available until Saturday, Aug 22, 2020.

Original post below:
For those that have been following the CarPlay thread here, I’ve reached out to Naviplus in Australia and they’re willing to offer a group buy. No details yet as to the quantity required or how much of a discount, but I assume over $100 because they offered a coupon code APR5 for $100 off of any unit. The code is for mud members that can’t wait for the group buy to end.

Toyota Land Cruiser
2009-2013
2016-2018 (Resistive)
2018+

Lexus LX570
2007-2012

I’m unsure why Toyota model years 2008 and 2014-2015 are not included, but would contact them with any questions. They respond very quickly. I believe late model Lexus owners already have an option from beatsonic at a lower price point.

Please respond in this thread if you’re interested so I’m able to give them an approximate number of buyers. You will not be required to prepay as it will just be another coupon code with a direct order from the site.

1. ty240
2. ferrisbueller
3. moby
4. jerbintennessee
5. omahawk200
6. casual cruiser
7. jprince
8. jefo13
9. atwoz
10. chris777
11. txmeatball
12. tabraha
13. j54
14. bennygp
15. mooneywa
16. chowchilla
17. scottsndale
18. danny noonan
19. cru1s3r
20. ravivt
21. bulletsmith
22. epc3
23. kms254
24. seajeff
25. jbssfelix
26. jamgolf
27. capital e
28. bigdaddy200
29. laserturbo91
30. onesprung60
31. dmoz
32. fdmd
33. propofol
34. jdbearden
35. gentimmy
36. talkingmeds
37. austindave
38. spoetzl
39. aflamm
40. sc4ta
41. joltman
42. maluch
43. indycole
44. tonyholland00
45. iowalc200
47. dntlflosstycoon
48. mars911red
49. thomasgs4
50. drcocacola
51. jzelnick
52. scderby
53. landyandy

Very interested. 2018 200 Series

Somewhere in this thread there is a code for Mud that is different from the group buy that you can use. It is for less but still a good discount.

Hey guys,
I just had mine installed and unfortunately the sound out is not working...
The input works via the microphone as people can hear my side of a phone conversation, but I can not hear them.
I cant seem to find an " Aux" setting on source. I have "usb" but no "aux"
I have turned off the Bluetooth as well, as I have read that is an issue.
Has any one else run into this issue during an install?
I was also curious if anyone wasa able to get video out from their phone to the rear tvs?

I'll try and contact them Monday via tech support if I can't get it to work.

2017 LC with rear entertainment

Thanks
Ted

Hey guys,
I just had mine installed and unfortunately the sound out is not working...
The input works via the microphone as people can hear my side of a phone conversation, but I can not hear them.
I cant seem to find an " Aux" setting on source. I have "usb" but no "aux"
I have turned off the Bluetooth as well, as I have read that is an issue.
Has any one else run into this issue during an install?
I was also curious if anyone wasa able to get video out from their phone to the rear tvs?

I'll try and contact them Monday via tech support if I can't get it to work.

2017 LC with rear entertainment

Thanks
Ted

Try this:

Go to “Audio” on your standard Nav display, and select the “Aux” option. I believe it’s on the second screen.

Bluetooth needs to be on, and connected to the CarPlay option only.

Your WiFi also needs to be connected to the CarPlay network.

Try this:

Go to “Audio” on your standard Nav display, and select the “Aux” option. I believe it’s on the second screen.

Bluetooth needs to be on, and connected to the CarPlay option only.

Your WiFi also needs to be connected to the CarPlay network.

Hey thanks
I just have the wired option, not wireless.
but the issue is that the OEM USB plug is dead some how. My installer said he had to unplug it to put the new Naviplus usb wire into the t bracket...
When the install is done correctly does the OEM USB still work? In addition to the provided Naviplus car play usb?

Thanks] for any insight.. I have emails out to Naviplus as well.
Ted

Hey thanks
I just have the wired option, not wireless.
but the issue is that the OEM USB plug is dead some how. My installer said he had to unplug it to put the new Naviplus usb wire into the t bracket...
When the install is done correctly does the OEM USB still work? In addition to the provided Naviplus car play usb?

Thanks] for any insight.. I have emails out to Naviplus as well.
Ted
Hi Ted...

Wired CarPlay only works through the NaviPlus USB port. The OEM USB still functions as a stand alone input to the factory head unit as long as you select “USB” as the source.

Thanks. Thats what I thought. Since my oem usb is dead I have no option to choose usb or aux from the head unit.

My installer seems to think there is an issue with the t bracket.
Ted

Are there any updates on the pre-2015 model version? I've got a '14 that I held off on the original order since they were looking to modify. Curious if that has been made available yet or if there is anything new on this front.

Are there any updates on the pre-2015 model version? I've got a '14 that I held off on the original order since they were looking to modify. Curious if that has been made available yet or if there is anything new on this front.

I’ve requested an update from Naviplus.

Hey
I'm still having issues with my Naviplus install. Does anyone have an installer in the US, I might be able to contact for help?
Thx
ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom