Trade Body parts for trade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently acquired a '79 FJ40 used to maintain rural property where it lived a hard life and was once rolled over. Previous owner found an early top with the corrugated sides and horizontal fold up hatch in a wrecking yard along with an early windshield assembly (wiper motor at the top). All parts are from sunny California. Looking to make a trade if anyone's interested. I'm in Oregon an hour and a half south of Portland.

What I have: 1) '65 and earlier (I believe) Top with horizontal fold up hatch, all glass intact. Its not the prettiest thing but if you need one it may fit the bill. Weatherstripping is toast. Has holes drilled here and there for radio mounts, etc. 2) Solid early Windshield assembly with working wipers, glass is cracked. 3) Swing up 1 piece Rear Hatch with glass, late 60s to 1975 I think.

What I need: 1) Solid late model complete Windshield assembly with working wipers, intact glass a plus. Something I can bolt on and go. 2) Hood and Fenders.

Not interested in rusted or damaged parts that need work other than a bit of paint. Below are some photos, I can take close ups of anything that is needed. Let me know and thanks for reading.

DSCN1951.JPG
DSCN1955.JPG
DSCN1979.JPG
DSCN1983.JPG
DSCN1986.JPG

The top is early, early. I cannot see wiper motor configuration. Please take pics of interior.

you should try here in the classifieds:

to use a lift gate, I think you will need to change the entire top as the inside track will not work with the lift gate and the taper of the top won't work with your vertical early top.

Apologies for the duplicity, still learning to use the site. My bad, I should have posted to Classifieds. the first time. I'm not suggesting using the mid model year hatch with the older top, it's merely another item for trade.

Thanks Bear but the early windshield assembly I'm trying to trade with has more value intact. Not to mention if there are no bites then I'm stuck with it and need the wipers to work. Appreciate your interest however.

the windshield frame is either a 67 with 2 wiper motors or it is a 68-74 with 1 motor and a link
my guess would be it is the later that used the screws to hold the windshield snug versus the catch

It has 2 motors, looks like the PO installed an intermittent controller, see photos. I tried turning them on a moment ago with no success. The PO said they work, apparently there is a secret handshake of some kind. The wiring in this rig is something to appreciate, how anything works at all or without starting a fire is amazing. Let the stripping begin.
DSCN1991.JPG
DSCN1992.JPG
DSCN1994.JPG

the 2 motors would make it a 67, 1 year only frame.

what does the bottom of the windshield frame look like? just curious how it is held in place on the inside, if it is at all.

Not sure I understand the question, there are 2 knobs with threaded studs extending through the dash pad like my '78. I assume they are screwing into similar brackets. I'll look at it tomorrow in the daylight. Thanks guys for the information.

Not sure I understand the question, there are 2 knobs with threaded studs extending through the dash pad like my '78. I assume they are screwing into similar brackets. I'll look at it tomorrow in the daylight. Thanks guys for the information.

67 still used a hook and latch assembly, 68+ uses the screws, just wondering if the windshield frame got modified to accept the female threaded portion

I guess I can't tell without lowering it, pardon my lack of knowledge. Below are 2 photos of the knob areas. The PO had some small speakers mounted on the dash below the pad, the holes are drilled as opposed to punched., i.e. they are not factory finished. I'm sure its a '79, the gas tank is under the body where the seats mount, has the lever type e-brake next to the shifter, factory power steering and what the PO says is factory air. Remarkably it works. As soon as I get the top off, I'll lower the windshield and see what's there. Further insights are appreciated.

447xpro, please PM me about the '79 windshield frame and glass. Does that include a working wiper assembly? Photos would be great.

DSCN1997.JPG
DSCN2000.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom