FJ Inspection Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations for a thorough pre-purchase inspection on an FJ near Dulles Airport / Chantilly?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if I missed another thread that already addresses this.

Are you referring to an FJC or calling a 40 an FJ?

Any recommendations for a thorough pre-purchase inspection on an FJ near Dulles Airport / Chantilly?

Thanks in advance, and my apologies if I missed another thread that already addresses this.
Get the keys, drive it to @OTRAMM 's shop in Bealton. There is probably no better, and honest, set of eyes. He won't give you the enabling glad hand or try to hype you past your repair abilities, nor will he try to persuade you to buy it to then bring to him for the work.

Second to that, there are several very good guys in the club who might be able to help, depending on which model "FJ" it is.

Either way, we're probably all rooting for you!

Get the keys, drive it to @OTRAMM 's shop in Bealton. There is probably no better, and honest, set of eyes. He won't give you the enabling glad hand or try to hype you past your repair abilities, nor will he try to persuade you to buy it to then bring to him for the work.

Second to that, there are several very good guys in the club who might be able to help, depending on which model "FJ" it is.

Thank you so very much! OTRAMM sounds like a great choice for a good ol' fashioned 1965 FJ40. Thanks again.

THIS.

ank you so very much! OTRAMM sounds like a great choice for a good ol' fashioned 1965 FJ40. Thanks again.

I am just down 28 in Manassas, and I'd be happy to take a look and give my opinion. Now, I won't claim to be near Ryan's equal when it comes to mechanics and repair, but I have owned and worked my FJ40 and many Cruisers for over 20 years. So I think I can comfortably say I can give a decent assessment of a Land Cruiser.

Look forward to hearing all opinions and remember it didn't happen without photos. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom