LX vs LC and the answer is... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
LX!

TLDR; I did a thing

50294744612_37549bee6b_c.jpg

Longer version;

Been looking for an LX or LC for a while and finally decided to decide. Ended up with a 2006 LX with 185,400. It was listed last week, emailed, negotiated and flew down yesterday to pick her up. Asking was $13,000 was able to work down to $12,500. Its perfect from far but far from perfect.

Pros:

It's in really good shape over all.
Love the color
Interior is in pretty good condition
It has been maintained at a Lexus dealer since new
It's got decent mileage
Just about everything works

Cons:

Timing belt time
Needs tires - (please to post recommendations 70% street, 30% dirt)
Hood respray was done by a blind man using a live chicken
Speaker issues (not sure if it's just the gasket or some are blown)
Need to fix the lumbar on the drivers seat, it no worky.

Overall I’m really happy with the purchase and excited to start my new addiction.

If anyone cares here was yesterday:

Time to get TF up!
50294978913_ccf62cd790_c.jpg

Forgot to print a bill of sale
50293912213_33d5fb9027_c.jpg

Grab a Lyft to the “train” station

Grab a ticket to ride MARTA (our poor excuse for mass transit)

At the airport and time for my free prostate exam!

Gotta love them updates. LOL

In Orlando, time to see a mouse about a car!

Time for a Lyft

Bye, bye monies :(

Here she is in her natural habitat. The first of many, many more to come.

Time to hit the road to home but wait, we’re in FL so…

Why so much traffic???

OH, that’s why.

50294522396_7ba8a93b86_c.jpg

[insert mom joke here]

50293841048_a89469ffa0_c.jpg
r

And finally home

50294977843_f165c04bfc_c.jpg

50294522371_46be34e8bc_c.jpg

Got pretty decent (for a 100) emm peee geeesss

Now I gotta go sell some houses to support my new addiction. :)

Last edited:
Congrats!!!! All my speakers needed to be refoamed as well. Way more work than I'd like to put into a 17 year old factory stereo but I understood impedance / fit / mandated factory speakers and the factory stereo is somehow integrated with HVAC on our LXs. Sound is decent once refoamed

Sounds like a great deal! My tire recommendation is bfg KO2 in 275/70r18. No lift needed, great all around tire, have them in that size on my ‘06 LX and my tundra.

I’ve flown to Virginia and Oregon to drive back cruisers to Utah. Fun way to start the relationship

EE52CED4-8430-4FD1-98B5-D9A81E84A3EA.jpeg

Nice job on the mileage too -- I don't think I've ever seen above 15. Worse has been 12.1 driving west on I-70 to Denver at 90mph

thats a great color combo!i have the same year in white, love the hyper silver wheels with your green. enjoy

Congrats!!!! All my speakers needed to be refoamed as well. Way more work than I'd like to put into a 17 year old factory stereo but I understood impedance / fit / mandated factory speakers and the factory stereo is somehow integrated with HVAC on our LXs. Sound is decent once refoamed

Thanks!

Have any vids or recommendations on the fix? I'm not audio snob but this is killing me. lol

Sounds like a great deal! My tire recommendation is bfg KO2 in 275/70r18. No lift needed, great all around tire, have them in that size on my ‘06 LX and my tundra.

I’ve flown to Virginia and Oregon to drive back cruisers to Utah. Fun way to start the relationship

View attachment 2423509

How are they on road? I do want a good AT tire but it will spend 70%-80% of it's life on pavement. So I don't want to compromise on road feel/noise for the occasional dirt road trip.

thats a great color combo!i have the same year in white, love the hyper silver wheels with your green. enjoy

During my search I was bouncing between white, silver and the 2 tone blue. As that was the majority of the postings the past few months. I never even knew that the LX was produced in this green color. At first I was unsure as it leans a little toward the 90's era of green/tan but I love that it's not a normal color, at least around here.

I saw this posted last Thursday, emailed the guy, he called right back. I was the first to respond so I sealed the deal. He got 15 other offers on the car and regretted selling it at that price.

How are they on road? I do want a good AT tire but it will spend 70%-80% of it's life on pavement. So I don't want to compromise on road feel/noise for the occasional dirt road trip.
BFG KO2s are perfect on the road and plenty capable in the dirt.

I really like my Falken Wildpeaks. Great on the road, no annoying noise. Great on the trail as well.

Congrats. I havent taken my LX to Orlando yet but thats a trip we've made many times. Funny the first picture I took of my LX was at the gas station too. LOL

i have ko2s and think they are great on the road as well. id say im senstive to road noise. I def noticed increase from the micheline defnder ltx but thats to be expected. i only have 700 mile son them but thus far would buy again

Distinguish between E load rated and C load rated tires when talking KO2s. E load rated are serious off roading tires. C are basically highway tires with aggressive looking tread. Totally different tires.

For offroading where sidewall damage is likely, I highly recommend E load rated KO2s. Outside of wheeling, I think you'd find quieter and better riding tires. Personally, I like the Bridgestone SUV style tires Costco carries. (Yes I run 2 set of tires)

If you or anyone else has a great how to for the speakers I could really use it as well, my 06 is just fuzz with any volume put into it.

I'll also give a plug for the cooper discoverer tires, AT or MT depending on where you live and how you wheel. I'm on my 3rd set in 10 years on 2 trucks and I've never had a complaint. Super quite too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom