Builds "Dumpie" my new Fj45 work truck! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought you were talking about this little Honda!
67B5C682-7AA2-482A-8936-08F89D6B643F.jpeg

Not really the update I wanted to post, but what are the chances of Dumpie burning again! I am right between the crazy California wildfires right now, and have to evacuate!!! I dont even have time to move all my rigs. The fire is south of us behind a mountain range, so hopeful it doesn’t come this way( north south winds in our favor) 50,000 acres of beautiful coastal redwoods have burned and no containment. Hope the cruiser gods are with me!! Pic from the backyard was on Tuesday. Another pic from a distance overlooking the mountain range.
89F6E8CD-325A-471B-8BB8-B3214819994B.jpeg
42A207FA-FEF0-49D2-89DF-4774699A48A8.png

Brian,

Been in that boat several times, Bud. Understand how hard it is to make the snap decision on what to grab and save, whether to stay yourself or go, but you're out and the family is safe, and that was the smartest decision for all of you. I know the feeling of not being able to get back- in and the lack of information about your place--just hang in there, and remember that nothing is inevitable, and that the weather can just as easily blow the other way.

We're all rooting for you, prayers for your family and neighbors.

Keep us updated.

Brian,

Been in that boat several times, Bud. Understand how hard it is to make the snap decision on what to grab and save, whether to stay yourself or go, but you're out and the family is safe, and that was the smartest decision for all of you. I know the feeling of not being able to get back- in and the lack of information about your place--just hang in there, and remember that nothing is inevitable, and that the weather can just as easily blow the other way.

We're all rooting for you, prayers for your family and neighbors.

Keep us updated.
Brian
Sending good thoughts to the gods to get the wind blowing in the opposite direction of your place. Keep us in the loop
Best Regards
Skip

Man I was excited to see how you were making out with dumpie and not happy to see you guys are dealing with that again. Hoping the wind shifts or some rain comes for you bud

How ya doin out there today. Did the fires miss you? Hope all is well.
Mike

So far so good, my neighbor stayed( they have 60 farm animals!) so they will alert me if things change. The fire is raging towards a small town with 25,000 houses, sure hope they can save it. I am pretty sure we will be ok now, but Sunday the forecast is more lightning, high winds( scary) and hopefully some rain. I was able to move a few cruisers to my neighbors open dirt field! Plus he is contracted with cal fire , has dozers and a 5000 gallon water truck!!

Family is safe with in-laws. I snuck back in today, we have dry lightning in the forecast. So wanted to come back and water down the house and surrounding area. We are good as far as the main fire( contained near us , but still burning up the mountain range. We have some possible rain too, so big plus. What a week🙄

Finally got the ok to come back home! What a crazy week, most of our community was spared from the fire, big thanks to all the firefighters and first responders! Dumpie will live another day, now with new motivation to get going on it again. I have collected 98% of the parts to return to pretty much stock .

That is a great looking piece, could you share the link.
best Skip

I'm pretty sure this is the emblem on ebay. The vendor makes a TEQ and a 4x4 version in a couple colors. Use the pulldown menu and you will see the options for the 4x4 emblem. Ebay 4x4 and TEQ Emblem

@whitey45 fyi, City Racer reproduced the tailgate 4x4 emblem. I can't remember who had a NOS one and he borrowed it for reproduction. His emblem is adhesive backed thin aluminum. Pic below. Cityracer online store is closed over this Holiday weekend but I will update this thead next week when the site reopens. Cityracerllc site

fj45 tailgete emblem.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom