NoVa short term shop space? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey all,
It's front axle time again for me, but my apartment doesn't allow work this significant :(
Does anyone know of shop space (or any flat, ideally shaded surface) that can be rented by the day? I'm in Herndon these days, so ideally close to that.

Last edited:
What is your timeline? Is there a specific issue you are having or just leakage and its been too long?

Speaking of too long, we haven't had a Tech Day in quite awhile and it really helps to do knuckle rebuilds with some extra hands at both ends.

That's a good point, last time I did this was probably about 10 years ago lol. The seals are starting to weep and my rotors pulse enough to be worth having them turned, so I'd say 2 months at the earliest; I need time to recover from surgery and get the tools/seal kit. Tech day definitely sounds good even if I have to sacrifice the rotor turning :)

This is the biggest issue around this area... I remember there was place in Sterling that you could rent a bay, with tools, but it went under.

I've never heard of this place but has good reviews:

This is the biggest issue around this area... I remember there was place in Sterling that you could rent a bay, with tools, but it went under.

I've never heard of this place but has good reviews:

I thought about going down there and staying with a friend. Definitely one of my options if I can't find anything local

This is in VA Beach... My bad.

I nominate OTRAMM for the tech day , unless Stump gets his garage ready. I couldn’t find anyone that still turns rotors.
I tried to convince the boss to let me build a barn in the back of the property... conversation didn't go well. :rofl:

My driveway has a D90 parked without front end parts... If I park another truck, I'm going to need a lawyer. :rofl:

20200710_172901.jpg

20200710_172912.jpg

Last edited:
No one turns rotors anymore because it's absolutely a waste of time to do them. New rotors are cheap. Turned ones are thinner and warp faster.
Hmm, that's fair. They arent bad, and maybe 15-20k on them at most. I'm just a perfectionist with a 26 yo truck lol.

Hmm, that's fair. They arent bad, and maybe 15-20k on them at most. I'm just a perfectionist with a 26 yo truck lol.

perfectionist and turned rotors don't coincide.

I suggest to get new rotors too.

I've got a flat driveway in Sterling, or if your Cruiser isn't too tall, I've got an air conditioned garage.
She stands 7'4 so I could take you up on the driveway! That solves a lot of problems for me :)
I'll PM you and arrange once I have all the stuff I need - maybe 1-2 months at most.

She stands 7'4 so I could take you up on the driveway! That solves a lot of problems for me :)
I'll PM you and arrange once I have all the stuff I need - maybe 1-2 months at most.
Sounds good.
7'4" is the same reason my Cruiser doesn't get garage time. The garage door is 6'10". I might fit if I remove the roof rack and air down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom