Spotted thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So there is an RJ70LV left hand drive for sale here in Columbia. Totally tricked in every way. Body is the only thing not fixed and it's not bad really. One of 12 made, ever. Serial number 0000000012. Made for the Amsterdam Auto SHow. $25,000.00. Might take less? Owner is a serious Cruiser lover/owns many and bought this from a Norwegian couple in Costa Rica. I have a couple more pics if anyone is interested and have cell number of owner. DLP

View attachment 2065768

View attachment 2065769

View attachment 2065770

View attachment 2065771

View attachment 2065772
I've seen this one around town. Owns several cruisers? We need to meet!

Found this sweet fj40 parked near my apartment in Olathe a few weeks ago - had to park next to it for some photos :cool:

IMG_0988.jpg

that 40 would look better if the crooks hadn't taken his bumper!
Charles, have you always had that unique hood latch system?

Found this sweet fj40 parked near my apartment in Olathe a few weeks ago - had to park next to it for some photos :cool:

@Dezein I watched you on video checking it out. A day or so before you were there someone stole my winch and bumper. My IT department forwarded security video to me of suspicious vehicles from the previous few days. It's a little grainy, but I could tell you were in an 80 or a 4Runner. He said you were casing the joint, but I guessed correctly you were just another Toyota nut. If you ever swing by there and the garage door is open, stop by and say howdy.

that 40 would look better if the crooks hadn't taken his bumper!
Charles, have you always had that unique hood latch system?

I assume you are checking out my fancy rope across the hood. Actually that is a safety I use when the hoods up to keep it from dropping on my head. The hood is up a lot lately.

I noticed the hood was not latched.. So yes, the rope caught my eye.. Many a Land Cruiser hood have received the crease of death from not being latched properly.

@Dezein I watched you on video checking it out. A day or so before you were there someone stole my winch and bumper. My IT department forwarded security video to me of suspicious vehicles from the previous few days. It's a little grainy, but I could tell you were in an 80 or a 4Runner. He said you were casing the joint, but I guessed correctly you were just another Toyota nut. If you ever swing by there and the garage door is open, stop by and say howdy.

Far from casing the joint! That was actually the first 40 i've ever seen in person so I was over the moon to take a look! Sorry to hear about the theft, people are jerks. If I ever drive by and see the garage is open i'll be sure to stop by and say hello - always nice to meet another Toyota nut!

Last edited:
In Ames...

003DEC9A-A091-43E4-A009-E0405DE48434.jpeg

5E0A7E9C-F8DF-4450-BDD1-AA88D4826EA1.jpeg

quick little funny story about Ames and vehicle spotting.. Jenn and i were hitting some wineries with my Cousin and his wife in Ames. Got a text from Steve Fox with a picture of our vehicle.. His lovely wife was there on a hair styling conference.. It is weird to get a picture of your own vehicle from someone with them asking if i know who owns it!

I also saw in Ames a black 200 lifted with roof rack and it had a 40 series classic emblem from apron on the rear quarter. Clearly a cruiser addict. Wish I had my camera ready to get a pic of it.

Odd configuration...

really didn’t expect a 40 lid to look this large on top of my 80.

06B490EF-99CE-4B78-AE00-4974C54A84A0.jpeg

DB30A52E-208C-43EA-84CB-CF49C47C889F.jpeg

959A4FB9-D7EA-4559-AF28-6273BE0ACF95.jpeg

I also saw in Ames a black 200 lifted with roof rack and it had a 40 series classic emblem from apron on the rear quarter. Clearly a cruiser addict. Wish I had my camera ready to get a pic of it.
Sounds like a Heritage Edition. They have a vintage emblem on them from the factory.

One of the kids staying in the RCA dorms?

No, all kids went directly to the rec center first before they got keys to get covid tested.... Josh is in Helser.

3C2217F5-8358-4CD9-A316-2F53D0AC6CA8.jpeg

9652FA83-2B08-4780-B23D-66659D1DA3E5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom