3D Printing Parts for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The plug is easy. And duplicating it is ok., but it could be improved upon which would be better. First, it could be made easier to remove when you need it, and second it could converted to a button that can be pushed in order to activate.

That's exactly what I wanted to make if I had a 3-D printer. A cover/long stem that would go all the way down to the button that needs to be depressed to unlock the selector.

That's exactly what I wanted to make if I had a 3-D printer. A cover/long stem that would go all the way down to the button that needs to be depressed to unlock the selector.
Much like in a 3fe rig, they have those from the factory (a button instead of a plug).

So far I have two versions.

20200426_122436.jpg

This one, just plugs the hole, and you csn use the bolt to pull it out. I will print it in black to hide it.

20200426_122718.jpg

This one uses a 1/4—20 flat head bolt, and now I finally have a good place to put my ham mic. I put a magnet on the back.

20200426_122732.jpg

I'll have these on my website later today.

Solvefunction.com

OEM Parts are still available from the dealership, so I am not making those for now.

I made some front fender flare caps..

these only fit the later model flares that are plastic... I need a set of Fiberglass ones to model off of.. to make them..

20200522_180956.jpg

20200523_184424.jpg

For sale from the usual scumbag Solvefunction.com

Last edited:
That's cool. seems to look extra necessary on the body lift rig.

Here ya go

Wow I wish I had come across this ages ago.. If anyone can help me please ... I'm looking for an A-pillar grab handle to fit the left side of an 11/92 cruiser. I'm An Aussie so it needs to be the left handed passenger side version for those of your over there in America... haha.. ;)

Wow I wish I had come across this ages ago.. If anyone can help me please ... I'm looking for an A-pillar grab handle to fit the left side of an 11/92 cruiser. I'm An Aussie so it needs to be the left handed passenger side version for those of your over there in America... haha.. ;)

You can find them at any 4WD breaker, they are interchangeable so right hand one will fit on left side. I am almost convinced the 100 series handle will also fit. I got mine in Melton.

I have a problem and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I need a 3D print of a very small minuscule plastic button In order to get my driver side retrofitted sun visor vanity light to function. For what it is worth I don’t have a CAD file and I don’t have a 3D printer.

This tiny button is the on and off pressure pin switch from a 1995 Land Cruiser sun visor vanity mirror and light. It appears that one of the plastic flanges that separates the metal to metal contact and interrupts the electrical conductivity has melted off and when plugged in the light is always “on”.

is this something that someone can make if I send the part?

B1397694-3779-49C4-8F6F-05BEA9E33FB7.jpeg

18AFE1C5-2C42-4AD0-8FC8-F9FAD83D31E4.jpeg

Visor clips and mounting plates are available

Thanks for the link, saved it for future use And I actually came across one of your threads about the conversion of the sun visors which is genius by the way. However I already took a sun visor from a salvage yard off of a 1995 Land Cruiser a year ago and I put it into my 96. The sun visor works great as far as not sagging or drooping except the mirror light hasn't worked since install and now that I have fixed all of the electrical connections I can’t turn the light off Because of this broken momentary switch.

What about just a normal pressure switch that you can buy from any electronics shop or online, or a door pressure switch for the interior lights ??

What about just a normal pressure switch that you can buy from any electronics shop or online, or a door pressure switch for the interior lights ??

I like your train of thought! I am looking at radio shack and other various electronic supply web sites. I just need to wrap my mind around soldering cables into the existing system because the existing switch And electrical set up is a very beautiful and simpllistic system. The switch actuator was nothing more than this plastic piece on a spring that separated the two metal contacts when compressed! So yes If I can wrap my mind around how to implement a new momentary push button switch for $3.50 then I will definitely be doing that.

I can also just ditch the old System and install an LED light to switch and install new Connectors to plug and play with the existing wiring harness.

I might have to get these soon. still debating on if i should make the switch or not.. mine are not the worst yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom