What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I still wanted to be able to see the badge so heated it up and peeled it up with a razor. Kinda like where it's at better now
great idea. It does look good there.

I have a set of those in my 80 and I love them. The inserts are super useful and keep things from getting slung all over the place while you drive.

Agreed. They are super handy. I just installed the rear set in my truck Sunday.

Installed ARB side rails and Iron Man awning last weekend
67195E3F-49C0-47D3-AC47-6BB2B4722C87.jpeg

0CADB34D-B93B-4876-B3C7-271CDEA655BB.jpeg

Front Swaybar Bushings and Links.

Old bushings were the originals and I should have done this a LONG time ago. All bushings had deteriorated from use and having been oil soaked. Links weren't completely shot...but very loose feeling and I replaced them as well.

Panhard bushings are on tomorrows list.

View attachment 2397560View attachment 2397561View attachment 2397562

Edit: Checked my Panhard Bushings this morning and found them to still be serviceable. So rather than make that my only project today, I will just do them later when I look at the rear suspension and what it needs. One good thing....I didn't have to fight any rusty bolts to remove the Panhard and inspect it. So glad I don't live in the 'rust belt'.

View attachment 2397993

View attachment 2397991
You wouldn't happen to have any part numbers handy by chance?

View attachment 2401895

View attachment 2401907
View attachment 2401895

View attachment 2401907

Looks like that black 80 and I are running the same spec 16" steel wheels. Curious if the owner roadforce balances them and if so, what type of wheel weights are being used and where they're being placed on the wheel itself? Thx.

Sure looks like it uses the factory mounts. I am not sure how I feel about that.

****Upon further investigation, they replace the stock M5x0.80 rivnuts with M6x1.00 rivnuts, but still in the stock location. Says it is ok for 275lbs....****

429320C8-B08E-426E-9BA0-52DF64A29D41_720x.jpg

How does that rack mount to the vehicle?

Last edited:
Sure looks like it uses the factory mounts. I am not sure how I feel about that.

****Upon further investigation, they replace the stock M5x0.80 rivnuts with M6x1.00 rivnuts, but still in the stock location. Says it is ok for 275lbs....****

Who cares about weight capacity...... All that matters is looking cool in a hipster overland rig lol

:cool:

View attachment 2402446
got the head, cams and vc on finally, slow but steady progress
Hey since the engine is exposed like that, did you openclean up the oil cooler there? When I did my HG back in 2014, I took it apart and found a bunch of crap that would end up on my radiator cap. Since then, nothing and possibly helped w/coolant circulation..at least Id like to think that.

Hell f’ing no!
I have yet to see ANY of those rivnuts that at least one wasn’t rusted. Incredible dumb to not incorporate the rails.

Hell f’ing no!
I have yet to see ANY of those rivnuts that at least one wasn’t rusted. Incredible dumb to not incorporate the rails.

Who ever the gentlemen was that decided not to drill holes in my roof at the port was a saint. I'd buy him the first round booze and lap dances.

Last edited:
Hell f’ing no!
I’ve been contemplating a design that uses the factory holes but instead threads into a plate between the headliner and roof panel. Of course it’d be a pita with anything but a 95+ headliner.

I’d bet the design shown above with the factory holes easily supports 275lbs of downward forces. Upwards (kayak strapped to the top doing 80mph) would be a very different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom