Tighe's LX570 - general thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For a few times a year it probably won't be a dig deal, but wouldn't you want your occasion use tires to be more aggressive?

The 5.7L will lug it okay. The motor is a brute even without optimal gearing. Shift points will feel a bit off. Can leave it in ECT/PWR which will help.

IMO, the idea of two sets of wheels is better in theory than in practice. You might as well do a compromise instead of extremes of a 35 vs stock. Namely a 34, 285/70r18 (33.7") or 305/65r18 (33.6"). There are other considerations running large tires besides the tire itself. Including clearance, spare, suspension geometry.

And once you get the bigguns on, you probably won't want to see it in anything but. :)

The 5.7L will lug it okay. The motor is a brute even without optimal gearing. Shift points will feel a bit off. Can leave it in ECT/PWR which will help.

IMO, the idea of two sets of wheels is better in theory than in practice. You might as well do a compromise instead of extremes of a 35 vs stock. Namely a 34, 285/70r18 (33.7") or 305/65r18 (33.6"). There are other considerations running large tires besides the tire itself. Including clearance, spare, suspension geometry.

And once you get the bigguns on, you probably won't want to see it in anything but. :)

Excellent, thanks for the info. There are a number of variables aligned to support a second set of wheels, and I already have the spacers and rims anyway. I get your point though...I’m sure you’ll ultimately end up correct!

Got some things in the works...

Anybody try Superwrap on their wheels? These LC rims cleaned up pretty well. Color is Gun Metal. So far so good, we'll see how well it holds up to tires being mounted.

ARB rack on order, for now the Subaru rack will do...

IMG-0267.jpg

IMG-0269.jpg

IMG-0296.jpg

Congrats on the new truck! Just curious, how is the clearcoat on the roof? Any failure? The paint looks a little hazy up there.
The paint cleaned up fine - it wasn't hazy, thankfully, and no clearcoat issue.

Got some things in the works...

Anybody try Superwrap on their wheels? These LC rims cleaned up pretty well. Color is Gun Metal. So far so good, we'll see how well it holds up to tires being mounted.

ARB rack on order, for now the Subaru rack will do...

View attachment 2400570

View attachment 2400571

View attachment 2400573
I rattle-canned some tundra wheels 3 years ago that same color with VHT wheel paint + 1 clear coat and it's held up really well. I've nicked the wheels a couple of times on rocks and it is easily touched up.

I rattle-canned some tundra wheels 3 years ago that same color with VHT wheel paint + 1 clear coat and it's held up really well. I've nicked the wheels a couple of times on rocks and it is easily touched up.
Haha, your thread was the reason I went with this color! Glad to hear it.

Apparently I was a little heavy handed with the center caps, and I got some wrinkling where the paint pooled and dried. A little black enamel paint dripped into the low spots made for a quick fix. We’ll see how it holds up...

37CB7FB9-DD60-4702-B1A1-BB0B57C220DC.jpeg

00F43A8C-F031-4878-AF88-03BCB42653A8.jpeg

Your post with the tires on your roof rack made me realize- we live on the same street!

LX meetup? :)

I'm also looking to install 18" wheels, curious how you like the ride and handling once you install.

Your post with the tires on your roof rack made me realize- we live on the same street!

I'm also looking to install 18" wheels, curious how you like the ride and handling once you install.
No way! Will pm you.

If you were talking to me I am in San Pedro, I was at my buddies house, he lives in Carson. We should all meet up.

If you were talking to me I am in San Pedro, I was at my buddies house, he lives in Carson. We should all meet up.

Ha, sorry- should have used the quote function!

I mean, we are sorta neighbors in the same county...

Maybe we can have a LA 200 meetup that's socially distanced- we can use Zoom- park our cars 30 feet apart, windows up, recirculate on? :) :) :)

You'll need written proof you've fixed your recirculation door that a dealer most certainly broke.

Ha, sorry- should have used the quote function!

I mean, we are sorta neighbors in the same county...

Maybe we can have a LA 200 meetup that's socially distanced- we can use Zoom- park our cars 30 feet apart, windows up, recirculate on? :) :) :)

You'll need written proof you've fixed your recirculation door that a dealer most certainly broke.

Lmao! Love this idea.

Is Zoom free? I use Discord to talk/do live voice chat with my gaming guild from all over the world when I was gaming, and now I use it to turn my phone/laptop into a poor mans Ham Radio xD. Just need cell/any internet signal for it to work. Mud needs it’s own discord/voice channel where anyone can come in and chat/listen to each other. It will be good for communicating on the trails where not everyone has a ham radio to listen in/participate in both text and voice. @Romer do we have anything like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom