Headlight housings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2010 Lx. My headlights are pretty yellowed. Truck lived it's life in Texas until I bought it last year and brought it to NJ. I tried the sanding process and tried plast-x but it only helped a little. I am afraid to get aftermarket ones due to poor quality and new ones are too much for me to spend right now. Any suggestions? Anyone have good luck with aftermarket headlight housings?

If you don’t want yellow headlights don’t buy aftermarket. On top of quick yellowing you’ll also get poor light pattern, water proofing, and most likely terrible quality wiring.

Bring it to a good detailing shop and see if they can do some work on them. You can bring back some VERY yellow headlamps to perfectly clear if you know what you are doing. It’ll definitely be cheaper than new buckets and you’ll still have OE quality housings/wiring/lenses/reflectors.

^ What bloc said.

Then consider having the lenses covered with a clear film product like, Xpel, Llumar, 3M, etc., etc.

I searched high and low for replacement lenses to keep the OEM housing (2010) to no avail. If the lense is cracked and yellow you’ll be wasting your money. They will just get yellow again. New OEM ones are like $450 each, what I ended up doing after spending $200 on various types of snake oil.

Have you looked at the Turtlewax 53435 kit? Less than 10 bucks and it worked well on my son’s very yellowed Subaru headlights. Still clear after many months.

I used the turtle wax kit. It did a decent job but didn't keep for long. To the poster who put in new OEM housings did you have to align and adjust your headlights after replacement and if so how much trouble was that to do?

I used the turtle wax kit. It did a decent job but didn't keep for long. To the poster who put in new OEM housings did you have to align and adjust your headlights after replacement and if so how much trouble was that to do?

Nope - but if you do, the adjustment is very easy. The new headlights with XPEL protection change the look of the old truck more than just about anything.

IMO the kits are a waste of money unless your lenses aren’t very bad. They just can’t touch the ability of a dual action sander/polisher and proper selection of sanding disks and polishing pads. Also they have a tendency to do their own swirl damage that takes even more work to remove and make them truly clear again. That’s what I ended up doing to my headlights and they look fantastic. Wet sanding with a DA on 800, 1200, 2000 disks, then orange, then green buffing pads. This all took a few hours but frankly I didn’t know what I was doing. A good detailing shop will have it all done quickly, and it should be relatively cheap too, considering the results.

Just as important as the work to clear them is the treatment to prevent future UV damage. Top detailers have moved to recommending a synthetic polymer (used to be considered “wax” and it goes on the same way) applied every few months to protect them. This sounds difficult but it’s super quick.. takes me maybe 20 minutes to do both my lenses after a car wash. I’m using meguairs ultimate on both the lenses and paint and it is truly great stuff.

Had the 3M restoration kit, tape and UV sealer ready to go but decided to look last minute online for a complete headlight replacement. McGeorge Toyota online parts shipped and delivered via fedex less than 24 hrs after order placement - $176 + shipping - Right Hand Side Prt# 81130-60D33. Totaly worth it in my opinion.

Edit - 2008 LC

Had the 3M restoration kit, tape and UV sealer ready to go but decided to look last minute online for a complete headlight replacement. McGeorge Toyota online parts shipped and delivered via fedex less than 24 hrs after order placement - $176 + shipping - Right Hand Side Prt# 81130-60D33. Totaly worth it in my opinion.

Edit - 2008 LC

Dumb question for you... That is the passenger side right? The pic for both RH and LH show driver side as pic

Do you have the part numbers for both sides? 2010 lx570

Sweet deal - list is $856 for the '13-15, and the deals are in the $575 range.

I had good luck with my T100 about 10 years ago with kits and following the kits with UV rated clear coat from rattle can. Ten years later I finally replaced those as they had water intrusion. I am getting ready to do sand and polish and clear coat on my wife's Infiniti. The key I think from 10 years ago is to put down a coating over plastic that seals it and keeps containment out. Single rattle can about 5 to 7 light coats 10 to 15 minutes apart will do the sealing let dry for up to 48 hours and you can come back and polish it. Good luck what ever you decide.

You can only search for Toyota on the website above, Lexus is not even listed as an option. Sorry for not lending much help for your situation, but if you have a Land Cruiser and are considering replacing a headlight,

The part numbers for a 2008-2011 (2012 not listed) Land Cruiser are:
Driver side: 81170-60D03
Passenger: 81130-60D33

IMG_1504.jpg
IMG_1506.jpg

Yes passenger side despite the photo. It is a bigger piece than I expected when you see it unmounted
Ordered. Thanks for posting that they were going for so cheap!

Reviving and old thread...

I also want to replace my headlights, but don't like the amber side markers on US-spec headlights and it looks like in regions there's a version without the amber. Does anyone happen to have the part numbers?

I found 8117060C62 for LH, but can't find the RH side part number.

Non-US: 8117060C62
1688945880447.png

Reviving and old thread...

I also want to replace my headlights, but don't like the amber side markers on US-spec headlights and it looks like in regions there's a version without the amber. Does anyone happen to have the part numbers?

I found 8117060C62 for LH, but can't find the RH side part number.

Non-US: 8117060C62
View attachment 3369649
That part number comes up for RHD vehicles, which means the beam cutoffs will be all wrong and you'll blind oncoming traffic. Please don't use these on the road.

If you can find a market that is LHD and doesn't have the amber corners I can look up part numbers.

That part number comes up for RHD vehicles, which means the beam cutoffs will be all wrong and you'll blind oncoming traffic. Please don't use these on the road.

If you can find a market that is LHD and doesn't have the amber corners I can look up part numbers.
Ah good to know! Thanks for the note!

I know in Russia the headlights don't have amber corners. Can you check that please? Thanks in advance.

Ah good to know! Thanks for the note!

I know in Russia the headlights don't have amber corners. Can you check that please? Thanks in advance.
What is your build date? As I dig in it seems there are a bunch of variants, including whether there is manual headlight leveling instance.

Even if we find one that technically fits I do think you are taking a risk that it will work fully.. like the headlight leveling harnesses and such. Still, with a build date I can try to find a part number

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom