Builds Jmlockwood’s Heritage Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jmlockwood - would you be willing to share the settings used for the Switchpros to have it drive your LRA pump? I have a small LRA tank coming in August, and wouldn't mind running it through the Switchpros.

Any of the switches can be set to On/Off (versus momentary) so you don't have to hold the button down while it transfers, but I thought the LRA switch had an auto pump turnoff timer that lets it run for 1 minute (?) after the tank is empty and then shuts it off?

From the Long Ranger site:
Switch/Gauge Timer. All you have to do is turn the transfer pump on when your main tank gets to ¼ full, our timer module will take care of the rest.

No worrying about when to turn it off, no annoying buzzers.

A neat round profile including a LED display with push button switch for transferring fuel. The switch/gauge has an automatic dimming function for easy on the eye night driving. With its small footprint (20mm hole x 65mm depth) this unit will fit neatly into just about any modern vehicle.

Another unique feature incorporated in most of our Auxiliary tanks is the timer function to turn the transfer pump off automatically. We have incorporated two timers to turn the pump off, these are activated when the auxiliary tank is getting low or when the main tank is almost full. The timer modules are set at our factory to suit each tank and shipped ready to use as the settings vary depending on the size of the Auxiliary and Main tanks.

Just to clarify ...... you quoted "Long Ranger" not "LRA".

These are 2 separate and unrelated companies but both manufacture tanks. The tank in JLs' vehicle ( imported and distributed by us; www.longrangeamerica.com ) is an LRA unit.

Just to clarify ...... you quoted "Long Ranger" not "LRA".

These are 2 separate and unrelated companies but both manufacture tanks. The tank in JLs' vehicle ( imported and distributed by us; www.longrangeamerica.com ) is an LRA unit.
@orangefj45 Sorry, I misunderstood the difference. I ordered one from LRA recently, due in the August container. At least I think that was LRA, now I'm confused.

@orangefj45 Sorry, I misunderstood the difference. I ordered one from LRA recently, due in the August container. At least I think that was LRA, now I'm confused.
Yes you ordered an LRA tank.
:)

Georg @ Valley Hybrids, Cruiser Brothers & Long Range America

Headed down to Tampa to meet some friends for lunch.

CA598455-C123-457B-B08E-CB84E61CF261.jpeg

I realized that I had not updated much on the fuel pump. This is the pump I acquired from @Eric Sarjeant and discussed a little earlier.

4E340807-9A0E-458A-8CB6-68C2E671B247.jpeg
C5B9335E-FB1F-4251-9216-3EB4929C8A98.jpeg

Eric sent along some nice little mounting brackets that worked out great for the install. This is not necessarily a plug and play swap. You will need to install a 20 amp relay under the hood (or at least thats what we did). But otherwise, it works fantastic. This thing really really moves some fuel now and its so quiet you almost cannot hear it. Highly recommend the swap.

So it’s been a little over a year since I took delivery of this 200. We are somewhere around 2,000 miles and two oil changes. Plenty of life left. Thanks again @Eric Sarjeant. It’s a real head-turner when I take it out.

View attachment 2565941
I stumbled onto the build video for your 200 while researching the 200 series, this then led me down a rabbit hole that eventually brought me to this forum. This was last July, I think I even referenced this build thread in a pm to Eric. Fast forward to today and I’m getting the first pictures of our build in progress with him. Thanks for the update on your truck and my first hit of the Land Cruiser drug.

I stumbled onto the build video for your 200 while researching the 200 series, this then led me down a rabbit hole that eventually brought me to this forum. This was last July, I think I even referenced this build thread in a pm to Eric. Fast forward to today and I’m getting the first pictures of our build in progress with him. Thanks for the update on your truck and my first hit of the Land Cruiser drug.
That is pretty cool. It is definitely fun to watch them come together. So what is your second Land Cruiser going to be?

That is pretty cool. It is definitely fun to watch them come together. So what is your second Land Cruiser going to be?
Next build will be an additional garage once the cost of lumber returns to normal, after that I don’t know. I sold a early model Mustang to make room for this 200 series and I do miss the visceral experience of driving a vehicle that is trying to kill you every time you take a curve or stab the brakes... so I may be eying a 40 series in the future.

So it’s been a little over a year since I took delivery of this 200. We are somewhere around 2,000 miles and two oil changes. Plenty of life left. Thanks again @Eric Sarjeant. It’s a real head-turner when I take it out.

View attachment 2565941
Nice to see the old pickup in the background. I still miss that truck some days

It would have been a lot less but we drove to my brothers wedding. I normally drive a Ford SD around day to day.

I rode all the way to Georgia in it once.

I think a trip to colorado for a supercharger should be in your future!!! Build looks beautiful!

I think a trip to colorado for a supercharger should be in your future!!! Build looks beautiful!

Hes going to have to put more than 1000 miles a year on it to need that!

Ha. I gave that a lot of thought but don’t really think it’s in my future. How is yours doing?
Runs awesome, put close to 20k on it, definitely the added power it needed to help push those 35s!!! No negative effects whatsoever, and I’ve installed about 10 units on customers rigs, all running perfect!
Though I’m kind of a horsepower junky I can’t leave anything alone, my 80 series is turbocharged and I just installed a big io550 in my Cessna that is now getting supercharged!

D8A8992B-D3A4-4558-B0E8-5EA8BC6B480F.jpeg

8EE91020-78B6-4B69-B452-B1246323743F.jpeg

71CF5C6B-C51F-445A-9DD9-F6AFDF900281.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom