BaT BAT/97 40th w/Lockers/39k miles (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
I like it, but it came from Missouri. That's low miles, nice 40th, and locked. It'll be cool to see where it ends up.

I like it, but it came from Missouri. That's low miles, nice 40th, and locked. It'll be cool to see where it ends up.
Underside seems to be in good shape from the pics but hard to tell with that coating all over it. May not matter though, have seen ones with pretty obvious rust but "low miles" do very well on BaT.

I'd still take 200k and 100% rust free over low mileage and guessing, but I'm clearly not the target market.

incredible for a collector with all of that original documentation. and I thought mine was in good shape ...

Chatted with the owner/dealer a bit over PM. Looks every bit as nice as he described, dream truck no question.
I want to know if the dealer stole it from the owner, you know, gave them NADA value on a trade or something?

Underside seems to be in good shape from the pics but hard to tell with that coating all over it. May not matter though, have seen ones with pretty obvious rust but "low miles" do very well on BaT.

I'd still take 200k and 100% rust free over low mileage and guessing, but I'm clearly not the target market.

This.

I want to know if the dealer stole it from the owner, you know, gave them NADA value on a trade or something?

The dealer is a friend of mine and I happen to know how much he paid for it. He paid north of what the current bid is at right now.

The dealer is a friend of mine and I happen to know how much he paid for it. He paid north of what the current bid is at right now.
Whoa! Well, then I will eat my words. Good for them. I don't have that kind of confidence in my local dealers TBH.

I’ll take the over

I spoke with the owner about this truck before it went to BaT. He's an enthusiast. Seemed like a decent/reasonable fellow.
I didn't make an offer because a) I didn't like the underside pictures and b) I knew where the price was going to be.

The documentation on this example is as good as it gets.

Money spent on remedying any leaks would have been well spent. Same goes for a thorough dry ice cleaning, so as to remove any questions about what's under there. The underside deserves to be as clean as the rest of the truck.

Having said that, I hope there are several bidders with incredibly fat wallets.

$0.02

JT3HJ85J3V0176083

Last edited:
Don’t like coverup on anything. It always makes you ask what’s underneath. I agree, the miles is cool, but I just don’t see this going past 65K. With $25 of research, you can contact the previous owner.

I spoke with the current owner previous to it being listed. He said he wouldn’t entertain anything under 65K. As stated above, the cover-up raises a question.

Fat wallets win in this game 😉

wasn’t it undercoated at the selling dealer?
how did he cover up anything?
The rusted spots are very minor and fixable.

My guess is $90k

wasn’t it undercoated at the selling dealer?
how did he cover up anything?
The rusted spots are very minor and fixable.

My guess is $90k
I don’t know if/when/where it was coated but the pictures I’ve seen of the underside and it being from an area favorable to rust prevent it from being the 75K cruiser for ME, YMMV.

I don’t know if it’s a coverup, if it’s anything. But to me, it’s cause for pause. Again, YMMV.

Agreed, likely minor, probably fixable, etc. to the person that opts to take it for the high bid.

It’s a 50K cruiser to me. If I saw it in person maybe more. To others I’m sure it is worth more. It’s not like you’re going to wheel it 👩‍💻

If it hits 90K it only helps those of us holding onto some low mileage cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom