ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anybody seen/tried this?

FB_IMG_1595857575964.jpg

I should've taken the pic AFTER I opened up the runny yolk! I'll have this again...and so will some of you one day when we're all able to share meals in camp again. Super easy and filling. And fully of beany goodness. I added some bowtie pasta that was left over and a roasted red pepper. Could've used more of the pepper.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

I needed to replace my Weber Smokey Joe ($35 portable 14" charcoal grill), so I just bought this Oklahoma Joe's Rambler ($150 no-freaking-way-this-should-be-called-a-portable-grill). Two cast iron grates, height adjustable fire tray, slide out ash pan. I have high hopes.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 9.44.18 PM.png

Thats a two man portable grill.

I needed to replace my Weber Smokey Joe ($35 portable 14" charcoal grill), so I just bought this Oklahoma Joe's Rambler ($150 no-freaking-way-this-should-be-called-a-portable-grill). Two cast iron grates, height adjustable fire tray, slide out ash pan. I have high hopes.

View attachment 2394812
Have fun trying to lug that around if its anything like the weight they put into their regular smokers/grill.

Have fun trying to lug that around if its anything like the weight they put into their regular smokers/grill.
45lbs. Its burn in today showed the thermometer needle axle to be bent allowing the needle to drag between 300-500 degrees. I gave it a good smack once it cooled down and will see how it does when cooking dinner tonight.

What I think I'll like about this grill is the ability to raise and lower the fire, as well have plenty enough room to cook indirect. The Smokey Joe was too small to indirectly cook a whole chicken on. I think I might be able to fit a 6-7lb pork butt on this one to smoke indirect. Now I just need to build a table a for it. Rummaging around tomorrow for an old keyboard stand and some scrap PT lumber.

Did another brisket and it turned out amazing. The previous ones I’ve done I did not wrap during the cook and they were kinda dry. This one went on last night around 1130. Hit 160* ~5ish this morning and I wrapped it in butcher paper. Finished cooking 1230 today and the difference in moisture was surprising. Way more moist.

Had to prop it up in a piece of hickory to fit on the 18” grate.

914832C9-8DCF-4B10-844B-9F3F86595CF0.jpeg
EF2BBA8C-59F5-4935-A96F-EDD84ECBDFF9.jpeg
81F20D9C-6994-4B09-915C-319AEE9096D4.jpeg

First time doing a whole bird on the new OKJ grill. Turns out it's about an inch too short on clearance to do it beer can style. I did learn that the stove can hit 425*F with only 1/3 of a chimney worth of charcoal......even with the intake vent closed. D'oh! It leaks air like a sieve. A Weber kettle, it is not.

IMG_0334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom