Expedition One bumpers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw that as well. I like the placement of the spare tire better than the other bumpers on the market. Wish the bumper itself didn’t stick out as far though.

I always like their designs but their CS sucks and the fit and finish of the RAM rear bumpers left a lot to be desired.

I always like their designs but their CS sucks and the fit and finish of the RAM rear bumpers left a lot to be desired.

Great design and poor customer don't mix well. I am very interested that rear bumper without the swing out. How long ago did you deal with them? Their front bumper reminds me a lot of the Aussie bumpers in how it conforms to the contours of the truck.

2018, it was a mess for many people on another forum. Repeated attempts to kick the can down the road so to speak and excuse after excuse to buy themselves more time ultimately to not take care of the issues in the end. They won't get my money out of principle.

2018, it was a mess for many people on another forum. Repeated attempts to kick the can down the road so to speak and excuse after excuse to buy themselves more time ultimately to not take care of the issues in the end. They won't get my money out of principle.

Good to know; this thread has been my first introduction to them and needless to say I hope they've gotten their act together since then. Preciate the feedback @Tex68w

I've also read the threads about their early poor customer service, it seems the company has grown quite a bit since then. They seem to be pretty popular among the FJ community.

I'm going to read a bit more before I pull the trigger, but the bumper looks very aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, and the latch system seems robust and innovative on paper.

Regardless, the GX rear bumper market has slim pickings so there's that...

The latch system was the source of many issue as well. It wouldn't latch properly and often times was very difficult to engage, one guy nearly severed his finger clear off with it. They make very pleasing designs but the execution doesn't translate, their powder coat quality was poor as well.

Trust me, I wanted to love their stuff like the rest of you but unfortunately their QC issues and lack of any sort of CS in regards to handling them is too much for me to ever consider them again. I recall a few guys getting blown off on a delivery date for months after it was already set to be delivered, just bad news all around. I am not here simply to bash a company, more so I am trying to warn others in hopes that they too don't end up frustrated, disappointed, and in the same boat with a product they don't enjoy or trust.

Reactions: r2m
I have it on my 2010 now
1645695964186.png

Crazy weather you're having!
Hot and dry in one pic, cold and snowy in the next!! :p

Some latch pics. Here's my review: It's a pretty slick mechanism but isn't perfect. For one, it doesn't auto latch if you just slam it shut. In fact, you must lift the cover up as shown in the pic to close the arm, then press on it to lock. It's over engineered for the simple function that it provides and at the end of the day, I wish they would have designed a 1 action slam shut into it. Anybody looking at it can see they've spent some time designing it. It does add another point of weight bearing support for the swingarm, which is very reassuring for the amount of weight it holds. This also makes it pretty much solid and rattle free. And it looks great in my opinion.

PXL_20220225_214448623.jpg

PXL_20220225_214507565.jpg

The hook latch broke on mine. Bad casting and not using steel was a bad idea. I'm still trying to get them to sell me a new latch since they won't warranty it. My front bumper has also lost almost all of the powder coat and started to to get lots of rust on it some how. My roof rack however has no issues.

20221025_170751.jpg

The hook latch broke on mine. Bad casting and not using steel was a bad idea. I'm still trying to get them to sell me a new latch since they won't warranty it. My front bumper has also lost almost all of the powder coat and started to to get lots of rust on it some how. My roof rack however has no issues.

View attachment 3153553
How long have you had it? Where do you live? (rust belt?) Usage?

They've long had powder coat issues, not surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom