What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While The Iron Yak was in quarantine I received a new washer fluid/coolant overflow bottle from Vintage TEQ parts. POR 15 on the bracket, stainless hardware. This was reallly the last thing I needed to do under the hood. Quarantine is over we’re going for a ride now.

484EC334-626F-4E63-9AA8-A6FB94756533.jpeg

D67EE44B-49EC-4706-A155-85D17352FFB3.jpeg

F5FFF69F-1F5F-4656-9DEE-F323C38D01D2.jpeg

@imyahucklbrry ....Thank you but my engine will never compare to @GA Architect , I do know how to photograph in bad lighting And from the proper angles. 😁
@BenjaminCA the kit is awesome. Besides mine being unsightly the wiper motor and the nipple were both broken so I had to go new. I should upload a video it in action, It is impressive

Finished up installing the brain for the Vintage Air unit in the glove box, holy cow what a major PITA. I ordered a winch plate from from CCOT and it came with some headliner material wrapping for shipping purposes. Well I figured there's gotta be a way I can use this, so as I was finishing the install I thought I could line the glove box with this stuff. I think I like it, and I'll probably line the center console with the same stuff.
Before
1596605927479.png

After
1596605947558.png

Finished up installing the brain for the Vintage Air unit in the glove box, holy cow what a major PITA. I ordered a winch plate from from CCOT and it came with some headliner material wrapping for shipping purposes. Well I figured there's gotta be a way I can use this, so as I was finishing the install I thought I could line the glove box with this stuff. I think I like it, and I'll probably line the center console with the same stuff.
Before
View attachment 2394218
After
View attachment 2394219
Nice work! Install is a pain and the instructions had me spinning the plate upside down and backwards. The connectors are tiny and fragile. But the AC is very nice to have.
5BBCCC5E-33BB-4488-AB41-464721694BCB.jpeg

Nice work! Install is a pain and the instructions had me spinning the plate upside down and backwards. The connectors are tiny and fragile. But the AC is very nice to have.
View attachment 2394267
Oh I almost broke something trying to get those pesky screws in there with the little plug assembly. And I had like no light that wouldn't get in my way constantly. That took longer than it should've and a few extra choice words shouting lol. But I finally was able to get it and now I hope I never have to touch that thing ever again.
By the way I love the color of your FJ40.

bought another one!

IMG_1090.jpg
IMG_1216.jpeg

I was getting excited about getting ready to install the interior seats and all. So first thing was the gas tank. Easy enough right, just clean everything up and start with the gas tank...:rolleyes::confused:
Started wire wheel on bottom of tank and then...
IMG_20200805_194702.jpg

IMG_20200805_194713.jpg

Yeah that's not going to happen. Anyway I have a line on another gas tank and oddly enough another FJ40 body and frame possibly. We'll see how that goes but definitely would rather find a new tank than try stuffing JB weld in the several pin holes. Hopefully an update soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom