Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would love to see some nice mats for the door pockets so that everything wasn't loose and rattling around.

I cut up some foam backed carpet for mine a few years ago. It is better than nothing but, would love something better!

P.S. What is the advantage of the new cup holders? Are they taller or wider or something else compared to the OEM holders?

The red prototype was printed with PLA, which is a good material only for fast prototyping. It had good fit with the factory part. But after several hot days staying in the truck, it shrunk. But you see the upgrades from the photo:

1. Phone slot is removed. I personally don't want to put my phone so close to drinks even though most of our phones are water proof.
2. Better fixture to the truck. I want a secure and rigid fixture.

I am working on a updated version. The main change is on the way it mounts on the truck.

The current design is kind of floating. The cupholder is only fixed to the shifter panel and sits on two plastic lips. You know what I am talking about since you have installed it on your truck.

I am making two brackets that fixes the cupholder to some rigid mounting point of the truck.

View attachment 2389545

View attachment 2389556

BenCC, I'm going to speak out again in favor of the "phone slot." I LOVED that idea, and on a recent road trip I was longing for it. I'm hoping that you'll still do a version WITH the slot.
Thanks!

BenCC, second the phone slot, but I'd like it on the passenger side. My wife wants a place for her phone and is very excited to have an updated cup holder that includes the phone slot.

BenCC - how about a ram mount for the front ashtray slot in the center console? My 2006 can’t accommodate any of the left or right center console versions you already have due to air bag light on right and center diff / antenna / hazards on the left. I don’t want to drill into my dash and Las Vegas sun is too hot for a suction cup mount as it makes it an annoyance to put up my sun shade.

BenCC - how about a ram mount for the front ashtray slot in the center console? My 2006 can’t accommodate any of the left or right center console versions you already have due to air bag light on right and center diff / antenna / hazards on the left. I don’t want to drill into my dash and Las Vegas sun is too hot for a suction cup mount as it makes it an annoyance to put up my sun shade.
I was just thinking about this for my 2003. Could mount Ham face plate there.

Ben, another idea for the change bin - how about a cover with three round 3/4 inch holes for standard 3 pin round rockers? I have 3 round switches I need a home for, this seem like a good spot for those not running the rectangular rockers.

Oh i wasnt clear, i dont want a ram mount over head, i was hoping your design for the ashtray replacement would be a bank of switches like M4v3 and a ram mount on the driver side.

this could be a good option for the 03+ Crowd that has no obvious spot for an integrated ram mount like early 100s
That is a MUST

agreed DTC, @BenCC in the words of 45, there is tremendous demand for this American made product, you're going to run out of ABS to print from, your account will be out of control with DMS, and there will be a avalanche of sales.

+1 on the phone slot. Either side, don’t care.

Ben, another idea for the change bin - how about a cover with three round 3/4 inch holes for standard 3 pin round rockers? I have 3 round switches I need a home for, this seem like a good spot for those not running the rectangular rockers.
Nice. Do you have the link to the switches?

Make 1: Scangauge II Mount for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series

1.1 Overview of the Final Product

View attachment 2299653

View attachment 2178512

View attachment 2178513

1.2 Introduction

First thing I made is the Scangauge II Mount for Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series. I have been trying really hard to mount the scangauge in my 2000 Land Cruiser. Before I had the mount, it was on my dash behind the steering wheel, attached by a Velcro strip. But it blocked the very bottom portion of the dash. And most importantly, it did not look factory. At the same time, the blank panel on the overhead console has been there forever. It might be a good location for the scangauge.

1.3 Design and Fabrication

The most challenging work is to match the curved surfaces on the bottom of the overhead console.

View attachment 2178507

Multiple parts have been printed to perfect the fitment.

View attachment 2178508

1.4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

To complete the installation, the following items will be needed.

Ethernet Cable Extender Adapter

Ethernet Extension Cable (Up Angle)

For a smooth finish, you will need:

3M Bondo 801 Professional Glazing and Spot Putty, 3.0 oz.
Note: Dry sand only. The printing material will warp if exposed to excessive water.

Paint

1.5 Purchase Link

$49 + $7.9 (USPS Priority). Printed in ABS. PM for Direct Paypal Payment or

Has anyone installed these in an LX with the Lexus Onstar (or whatever it’s called)? I think I remember reading somewhere that you can’t remove the LX Onstar or it will cause problems.

If someone has done this, is there a write up out there?

Has anyone installed these in an LX with the Lexus Onstar (or whatever it’s called)? I think I remember reading somewhere that you can’t remove the LX Onstar or it will cause problems.

If someone has done this, is there a write up out there?

I installed one of the overhead switch panels in mine and just tucked the Lexus link panel back in behind the overhead console. I think I posted a photo somewhere in this thread but see below circled in green. I think someone else mentioned you can also tuck it behind the headliner. The panel with the Lexus link buttons unscrews from the housing.

7FDE4C3C-950F-44C0-846D-EB4E5D303EAE.jpeg

I installed one of the overhead switch panels in mine and just tucked the Lexus link panel back in behind the overhead console. I think I posted a photo somewhere in this thread but see below circled in green. I think someone else mentioned you can also tuck it behind the headliner. The panel with the Lexus link buttons unscrews from the housing.

View attachment 2395745

thanks for the picture! Any tricks to know when pulling out the whole insert? Just normal trim removal tools and pull?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom