The COVID Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool... I will happily retract my rant

Good News: Nitrile gloves are coming back in stock at HF :)
Bad News: they're not $7.99 regular price any more :oops:

5mil2.jpg

5mil.JPG

I get it; supply/demand, increased prices reduces hoarding, etc. etc. - just tough to swallow when I want to go buy a pair for $6

I appreciate the tip on the nitrile dipped gloves. I've been using them since COVID and they're better than I thought. Tough to toss a pair of those in the trash after a real dirty job but I've been happy with the couple of pairs I've tried... I miss the good 'ol days & GET OFF MY LAWN!! /rant

Good News: Nitrile gloves are coming back in stock at HF :)
Bad News: they're not $7.99 regular price any more :oops:

View attachment 2385927
View attachment 2385928

I get it; supply/demand, increased prices reduces hoarding, etc. etc. - just tough to swallow when I want to go buy a pair for $6

I appreciate the tip on the nitrile dipped gloves. I've been using them since COVID and they're better than I thought. Tough to toss a pair of those in the trash after a real dirty job but I've been happy with the couple of pairs I've tried... I miss the good 'ol days & GET OFF MY LAWN!! /rant

I was at HF this morning to finally return my stands. Sadly still no gloves up here...

I was at HF this morning to finally return my stands. Sadly still no gloves up here...
I haven't been in Gainesville VA since mid-June but I was amazed by the stuff in the grocery stores that I haven't seen in Charlotte NC since February - ANY form of isopropyl alcohol, aloe vera, Clorox wipes, an aisle full of paper towels in normal size packs every day (which we're only recently finding), a completely filled meat section (which we now have, but most is labeled 'Previously Frozen'. Full disclouser: I'm mostly comparing Harris Teeters.

Somebody sent me this. I agree with this so much. It is actually what I have been working on at work. For so long commanders would just use arbitrary numbers with nothing to quantify them. I take the whole numbers that our commanders use and analyze them for demographics, percentages etc. using about 50 different data points so that a number can be broken down to quantifiable stats.

Anyway, I wish this was how the federal government (politicians) would report the COVID stats like this for the whole nation. Which by the way is not really that hard to do.

9B9ED24A-ECB6-483B-82B7-9DDBD0DA04C3.jpeg

I haven't been in Gainesville VA since mid-June but I was amazed by the stuff in the grocery stores that I haven't seen in Charlotte NC since February - ANY form of isopropyl alcohol, aloe vera, Clorox wipes, an aisle full of paper towels in normal size packs every day (which we're only recently finding), a completely filled meat section (which we now have, but most is labeled 'Previously Frozen'. Full disclouser: I'm mostly comparing Harris Teeters.

Must've been going during senior hours... :flipoff2:
The toilet paper and sanitizers started showing up finally in June. There was only a short period where I at least noticed meat shortage. Soap was still hit or miss if you went too late.

I've joked with family in Charlotte about all the "hoarding" that happens there. Is it still that bad?
We were out of clorox wipes, hand sanitizer and aloe vera for about a month. Completely filled meat section every time I went. Never had issues getting TP, although stocks were down for a bit but never out. Our local city government and lots of the surrounding ones sent out 10 mask to each household and two bottles of hand sanitizer. I didn't get any because i'm unincorporated where I am.

100 days to election day. Start the countdown.

This will be an interesting one for sure. You know its getting close when my youtube videos keep getting interrupted by Biden or Trump all the time.

Never had issues getting TP,
What sucks is that when we finally started getting TP it was in 24-48 packs and was selling like crazy. I only started seeing 4-12 packs in the last couple weeks but that's everywhere now, finally.

What sucks is that when we finally started getting TP it was in 24-48 packs and was selling like crazy. I only started seeing 4-12 packs in the last couple weeks but that's everywhere now, finally.

I normally get one of those mega huge TP packs from costco and had bought one right before this started. That normally lasts us about 5-6 months with just the two of us. When I was doing all my senior and at-risk shopping runs, had to stop due to too much work, I never had an issue finding it though.

IMSA race at VIR canceled for spectators. Sucks, Rick and I were planning on going this year.

Screenshot_20200729-223523.png

Still can't find paper products @ closest grocery store.

Feeling #blesst to have this bidet and a secret camp paper stash I've been trying to use up for a year and a half.

Well Andrea's work has to close, for a bit. Couple people tested positive.
For the best but loss of income especially the waiting week is going to be rough. We both feel fine but she will need to get tested and if she comes back positive i'll need to get tested, try to isolate etc.....

Looks like tis back to the cave for us. I wish I had a front facing window in my house so I could wear clown masks and creepily wave at kids and the amazon guy.

But hey it can't be all bad right?? I'm going to have a party when the results come in for her.

116902962_10158540657389469_8527130598360594389_n.jpg

But hey it can't be all bad right?? I'm going to have a party when the results come in for her.

116902962_10158540657389469_8527130598360594389_n.jpg

And Pink confetti it is for Andrea

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom