Dobinsons 3 inch Progressive / Flexi coil review (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm curious too as it looks like the 3" coils (C59-612V / C59-613V) are no longer available through the Dobinsons website.

@David Otero any recommendation for a 3" lift from Dobinsons these days?

Hey,

These coils are in stock, see links below. Now keep in mind this is a Flexi design, being progressive and long travel in mind. You can still use it with non long travel shocks but they ride best with a stock weighted vehicle or light accessories.

Dobinsons Flexi Coil Springs for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series (C59-612V 3
Dobinsons Flexi Coil Springs for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series (C59-613V 3

Hey,

These coils are in stock, see links below. Now keep in mind this is a Flexi design, being progressive and long travel in mind. You can still use it with non long travel shocks but they ride best with a stock weighted vehicle or light accessories.

Dobinsons Flexi Coil Springs for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series (C59-612V 3
Dobinsons Flexi Coil Springs for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series (C59-613V 3

Alright, thanks for sharing the links. Is Dobinsons offering a 3" lift coil option for trucks with mid to heavier accessories or are the 4" coils better to handle the weight?

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for sharing the links. Is Dobinsons offering a 3" lift coil option for trucks with mid to heavier accessories or are the 4" coils better to hande the weight?
Plenty of different options. Check out this page

I just finished my 3-inch lift on my 97 80 series I can't say enough good things about the dobinson components.

Everything @DobinsonsUSA recommended was absolutely perfect!

I'm running a @Delta VS front bumper and ordered everything through them for dobinson and Delta.

Super happy with the build, results, quality and support/guidance I got from them.

Alright, thanks for sharing the links. Is Dobinsons offering a 3" lift coil option for trucks with mid to heavier accessories or are the 4" coils better to hande the weight?

If you have a good amount of accessories and would like a dual rate coil with long travel design in mind the tapered series would be the ideal coil. We only offer them in 2.5" or 3.5" lift heights. Otherwise the normal 3" linear coils would be just fine!

I just finished my 3-inch lift on my 97 80 series I can't say enough good things about the dobinson components.

Everything @DobinsonsUSA recommended was absolutely perfect!

I'm running a @Delta VS front bumper and ordered everything through them for dobinson and Delta.

Super happy with the build, results, quality and support/guidance I got from them.

@BillyGoatMTB what shock models are you using with your lift kit and how does it perform with the coils that you have? I can see that you are happy but after a month since your post i'm curious.

I'm planning to do the same 3" lift with the Dobinsons flexi coils and now i'm debating between Fox or Icon shox in conjunction with the correcting front radius arms from Delta. Cheers

@BillyGoatMTB what shock models are you using with your lift kit and how does it perform with the coils that you have? I can see that you are happy but after a month since your post i'm curious.

I'm planning to do the same 3" lift with the Dobinsons flexi coils and now i'm debating between Fox or Icon shox in conjunction with the correcting front radius arms from Delta. Cheers
I'm running

@BlackMud

I'm very happy with the dobinson and Delta components, 3 mountain trips with the family so far. 1 was 3 hours of wheeling to get into a lake.

Currently from Dobinson I'm running
C59-170 front springs
C59-613V rear springs
GS59-683 shocks
GS59-682 shocks
PR59-1408 front panhard correction
BA45-005 brake relocation

Delta parts:
4" FZJ80 Radius arms with bushings and hardware for kit
10405 - 3" HC PLB
10902 - DVS rear bumpstop extension kit
10904 - DVS front sway bar drop kit
FJ80 Front Bumper - w/ grill guard

Everything works together well and feels very stable on the highway and off-road. when I go with a Delta rear bumper I'll be changing springs with David from dobinson in the rear.

Dave @Delta VS and Dave @DobinsonsUSA were fantastic to work with and the knowledge for the components respectively for their different companies is off the chart.

Everything installed and feels works seamlessly.

Bumping this thread. Is everyone running the 612V/613V (3" flexi) coils still like them?

Last edited:
Another bump, would love some hub to fender measurements and/or pics of unloaded rigs with 612V coils in front.
I would hook you up but I'm running Doby 3" heavys.

I'll look tomorrow, my old pre delta rear bumper 3" dobys might have been 612v, I remember she looked good.

Another bump, would love some hub to fender measurements and/or pics of unloaded rigs with 612V coils in front.

Here's a pic of mine. I'm running 315 Firestones. I can get some measurements later. I don't have a winch on it yet or any cargo at all in this pic. Its as light as it can be without removing the interior or emptying the gas tank.

fzj80.jpg

Looks good, would love some measurements when you get a chance, trying to replace some 850Js and don’t want to go any higher.

Looks good, would love some measurements when you get a chance, trying to replace some 850Js and don’t want to go any higher.
I've got right at 23" front and 25" rear. Center of hub cover to the bottom of the flare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom