Official ONSC member buying/selling thread (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ55 for sale, no title. November 1971. It's rusty and crusty and does not run. It's a 55, that's It's saving grace. Make me a reasonable offer via PM or email and take it away, I need the room.

116594009_3531300946900771_7720733137451241518_n.jpg

116696656_3531300830234116_2627908467428597046_n.jpg

Those wheels looks pretty decent!

A good friend of mine is looking for a spring green FJ40. He would be interested in a project or a driver, but not a rusted out POS. Please let me know if anybody knows of one available.

FJ55 for sale, no title. November 1971. It's rusty and crusty and does not run. It's a 55, that's It's saving grace. Make me a reasonable offer via PM or email and take it away, I need the room.

116594009_3531300946900771_7720733137451241518_n.jpg

^ this is why my wife is happy we don't have a garage at our place.

Does anyone have a white rear upper hatch for an 80 in good condition lying around? Some punks shot out my rear window as well as my wife's car window and about 30 others in our neighborhood the other night. Since mine has a couple rust spots and I'm having to pay out of pocket thanks to these idiots and what will be a long judicial process, I figured I would just replace the whole thing rather than pay the ridiculous price for just the glass since it's not worth paying the deductible for.

Also, doesn’t your auto insurance cover vandalism under the uninsured motorist clause? I know comprehensive coverage covers this situation but you may not carry that.

Also, doesn’t your auto insurance cover vandalism under the uninsured motorist clause? I know comprehensive coverage covers this situation but you may not carry that.

I have Comprehensive and was told that it was going to be the $500 deductible per vehicle. I'm not going to bother filing a claim for that. I ordered the glass from the dealer for my wife's car and will do that on my own. Now, I just need to track down the glass or hatch for my 80. They arrested the individuals, 18 and 16. The minors case will go swiftly as they don't like to drag their feet on those cases as they age up pretty quick. The 18 year old will take a while. In the end, the minor will probably end up with a slap on the wrist and community service and the 18 year old will have to make payments for the next umpteen years. I plan on going after the family of the minor in civil court and suing them. I'm working on gathering the other 30 plus victims to do this together. We live in a small County and have a great Sheriff's Department and D.A. luckily. I've had great communication with the both. Hopefully justice is served.

Man, sorry to hear about the poor choices this youth and his adult “mentor” have caused you and the neighborhood. Good on you for following through on this. Sit down with your insurance agent regarding comprehensive coverage for future events that may take place. The deductible premium from $500 to zero was a few bucks difference if I remember correctly. Now with six cars it adds up but I have replaced multiple windshields that more than pays for my deductibles. In Virginia it is a non-surcharge coverage that translates into no increased premiums directly to you. It may be a collective increase but that means everyone is sharing the cost of your broken glass.....

I may be looking for a front bumper that will hold a 8274 for the 40. There is a future where I should get it running again and on the road. Which means rejoining the club, if aloud and moving forward as a Landcruiser owner.
I don’t need anything special. Simple and sitting down in back of the bumper, not on top.
The picture is for inspiration.
thanks for any help.
B29096C9-906C-49FE-AA07-FF5F3C0A2303.jpeg

@coinoperated40

DO IT! Get it back on the road. YEAH! GO!

insert favorite cheerleader picture here.

I don’t know 40’s that well yet. What options are out there? I always wanted the hockey mask if I ever got a 40 on the road.

I always liked this one:

I sent some sketches of the main part and winch plate to a Lincoln County Fabricator who laser cut the pieces some years ago. Welded them up for a decent knock-off.

DSC06998.jpg

Holy crap, I couldn't get the parts for what they are selling the whole bumper for! ( Sale price: $247.94 )

Last edited:
Cheapest new 8274 bumper is the one from JTOutfitters. They have an ebay store and a brick and mortar shop here in NC. It is a plain C channel bumper with a winch plate welded to it. Buy it and pick it up yourself (Walnut Cove, NC) to save shipping. Plenty of pics in the 40 forum. That being said, I don't have one of those bumpers myself, so I cannot say if it is a good one or not. It is an inexpensive option though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom