Help identifying my unmarked locking hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a26.jpg

IMG_3753.JPG

Early Warn or Superwinch is my guess.

Well well well...there they are!

Thanks jblatz! Interesting, I've never heard of them, I guess I need to do some research! I wonder why the PO would have swapped these. A few other horrible "upgrades" have already been corrected, like the GM distributor.

I wonder why the PO would have swapped these. A few other horrible "upgrades" have already been corrected

your rig may have come across the ocean with no locking hubs, just drive plates.

Thanks again Jblatz. I just noticed your join date, and WELCOME!

Interesting it says semi automatic self engaging 4-wheel drive hub.

Wonder does this mean once the transfer case the hubs automatically move from free to lock? I know early 4Runners had auto hubs remember GM did as well. Both those you needs to drive backward once back in 2WD for them to unlock. Remember a Warn automatic hub that was on the FJ55 which believe was done by dealers or at port. Remember the one Toyota used was not very stout. Think the ones Toyota replaced them with just disengages the inner axle on one side.

Believe I have an early sixties FJ40 front axle with a set. Just thought it was a regular manual hub that was so generic no name was on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom