Shelter in Place Projects (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow that truck is nice. Curious: where's your charcoal canister?

Thanks! It’s under my battery, used the 22r bracket.

I can get you as many pics as you want. I didn’t do a thread on it, figured it wasn’t that cool and interesting to be thread worthy but then I see other threads of “things” and second guess that thinking haha

I love the blue sea stuff though. Very high quality and priced well. I did a small fuse box for all my add ons and then a buss bar for my heavier stuff. Really cleans up the engine bay and leaves you with 1 wire on your battery positive terminal.

I can get you as many pics as you want. I didn’t do a thread on it, figured it wasn’t that cool and interesting to be thread worthy but then I see other threads of “things” and second guess that thinking haha
Sure. Any photos or drawings of what you've done with Blue Sea would be useful. I have about 4 Blue Sea products in my project so far. Really well made stuff. Sad I can't get to them directly, because they are next door in bellingham, but the border is closed.

I love the blue sea stuff though. Very high quality and priced well.

I've sent a lot of $$$ to Blue Sea, there are 2 fuse blocks in the red truck, and 2 in my current Cruiser. I also have their ML-ACR system on my dual battery setup. Good stuff.

Been working on a dual battery set-up for the FSB and have also used Blue Sea's stuff extensively. When I have the option I prefer to use BEP Marine parts. Mostly because a guy who works in up-fitting out-back tour busses & the like recommended them. The BEP parts typically have a smaller form-factor than the Blue Sea stuff, which make fitting them to ground vehicle a little easier. confusing the issue is that Blue Sea sold some of the BEP product line in the US.
The dual battery switch and Blue Sea ACR on the FSB:
i-8RT2T3j-L.jpg

Finally out of the garage. Brand new CV axles have some wiggle so may have an issue with both of them which seems unlikely or something with the front diff. It also looks like I’m going to have to cut every mount off the rear axle, raise the pinion big time and have a custom and extended double Cardan driveshaft made to fix the vibes I got and the very little engagement I had on the slipjoint.

54CB695A-EBC9-4150-AA94-DC858A4343BD.jpeg

7C9B4CAC-D27E-479C-95AB-B04F9EBBD6E8.jpeg

C36EB9E8-9574-4F4B-A401-C98451FCABAA.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks really sharp!!

Got any plans for unique side windows? I've been thinking of doing something because those parts are starting to fail on mine. There's a guy who makes one piece, opening side windows for FJ80's (similar to the "win-doors" on some truck bed shells) but he didn't respond to a request that he look at doing the same for these trucks.

That looks really sharp!!

Got any plans for unique side windows? I've been thinking of doing something because those parts are starting to fail on mine. There's a guy who makes one piece, opening side windows for FJ80's (similar to the "win-doors" on some truck bed shells) but he didn't respond to a request that he look at doing the same for these trucks.

Thanks...I would like to do some flip up gull wing windows there and I’ll probably play around with designing some down the road if I don’t just design a new top, but it’s not something I have time for right now. I’m actually moving tomorrow and with this thing not running, I’ll have a 5 hour one way trip to get back to work on it on weekends. For now, the crappy slider windows will go back in with gloss black L trim pieces.

Well since moving to KC for work at the beginning of July, I’ve been commuting back on the weekends to wrap up the build. The gasketed windshield has been a huge PITA with sanding one down until it cracked and then getting the next one in 99% of the way before it cracked. Third time will definitely be the charm and I’ll video it/write up a detailed guide for those in the same boat as myself. Anyways, ceramic coating, paint protection film, window tint, rear bumpstops, and reinstalling the dash and it will be done for the time being! About 1300 hours of labor all said and done with most of that since March.

66A97A22-B090-40E2-9986-C4CF761AF9ED.png

44DD5E52-0BBA-4ACB-B6B2-5134076AB88F.png

20CC9169-40D9-4918-BE2A-0402517EF74A.png

FFF1A793-F6A1-47F6-BBFB-402D967CF41F.png

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr that looks incredible! Well done. More pics!!!

Thanks! I just snagged these pics real quick before leaving town but once I wrap up those last things, I’ll be sure to take some more before it gets driven in the elements and wheeled

Oh no! You can't wheel that! It has to live in a climate controlled garage and only be driven on clear days, for parades and such.

Haha looking underneath at everything being so clean and nice had me cursing myself for making it too nice. It was supposed to be a weekend warrior replacement to keep wear and tear off my cruiser. Anyways, it’s super fun and has already skated across some chunky gravel corners and down some washboard and rutted roads at speeds I’d never drive my cruiser on and barely flinched. Too fun to not use at this point granted I’m not trying to destroy it.

15C59D68-E4F5-4530-8DBA-FC23F1AD9335.jpeg

DC71CC80-A793-45F1-92A6-10E9CA7ECAA0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom