Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a feeling if someone planted the idea in your head you would research and come up with a good one:)

Adding to wish list now...

I wonder if it will help with removing frame rivets??
I would say a grinder and a air chisel would take care of those.

Another alternative, build your own induction heater.

@iptman Sorry, I don't have it anymore. It went to a new home a long time ago.

We went to the beach three weeks ago and, 15 minutes before our departure, the driver's window on the 62 wouldn't go up. Doh! I taped a plastic bag over it while the family waited patiently in the 100 and I left it to its fate for 8 days. It held with some help from the neighbors.

I finally got around to getting into it. @emorth had helped me to replace the relays in the door four years ago, and when I say help, I mean Ed replaced the relays. I assumed that was the problem as that is a common gremlin in a 62.

I pulled everything apart. The switch, the relay, and the motor all seemed to test fine so I plugged it back together and it worked. Hmm. I'm assuming there was a cruddy connector that got cleaned in the process. There was no ground in the door to clean.

A whole lot of work in 100+ heat index for a whole lot of nothing, though I suppose that is better than finding a whole lot of something.

You can replace the relays on the factory board. Check this thread FJ62 Drivers Power Window (AutoDown) Relay Fix

Niiice, I hadn’t seen that thread before. Good to know.

I was thinking of this one which outlines adding relays to the passenger and rear doors to fix the slow windows and locks. It’s on my to-do list. Also going to add sound deadening while the panels are off.

7-pin mod, shoulda done it a long time ago!
20200725_173054.jpg

Bending 1/4 inch 304 stainless tubing to replace the fuel related lines:

paper trace of the bends in the x and y plane:

D39436EA-5E96-44B1-8486-BF50BC4A1B44.jpeg

zip ties to help with the compound bends:

357A9401-0B42-4C2C-B0B7-EB7749E19C23.jpeg

Ran out of shade... :confused:

89947244-1041-44BF-8EAE-5B478A10265D.jpeg

Last edited:
sliders and a bumper too... nice

quarantine has been good to her...all that bar and restaurant money I haven't been spending has gone to land cruiser parts...

_MG_9878.jpg

_MG_9860.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom