What are you working on? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stuck on removing the upper rear heater lines from the LX. I was expecting to be able to remove them with the exhaust downpipe, cats, heat shields and hanger bracket on the firewall removed, but getting them to squeeze between the floor and frame is causing an issue. I may consider breaking them apart and will deal with how to mount them together later.

Tired of having to take more and more things apart to try and move forward. I keep ordering more and more hardware to replace as things come apart. At some point my wife will want the dining room table back.

Tired of having to take more and more things apart to try and move forward.

Yep, right there with my K2500. Seized driver's side front caliper - order new calipers and brake pads. Start tearing things apart and looking at them - order new rotors. Look some more... Hmmm... If I'm in there that far... - order new hubs. Now just have to find some time to do all the work.

ups has, in my experience, been on point.

Of the three (USPS, UPS, FedEx), UPS seems to treat me the best, but for some reason they keep sending things on a side trip to Martinsburg, WV.

Ready to go in the cruiser tomorrow......

84CAB49E-0FCA-478B-AC1D-8C1E2ACAD304.jpeg

755725B9-99BA-4FAB-86E6-C0F975E0D84D.jpeg

A408792A-DD10-44C8-BAC8-078021DC62EC.jpeg

The recent monsoon did some serious work on my retaining wall shed foundation - and I’m out of leveling sand to correct it.
519834DC-B4A4-410C-9BBC-D44681E271C2.jpeg

No problem, I thought - just hop in the Mazda and grab a few bags from Lowe’s. Like an idiot I’d left the keys in the ignition (for the second time this month) so the 40 had to tag in.

CCEAFA96-8FAF-4AE2-BC18-069425FDCA49.jpeg

Since it was already up and running, might as well put it to work. Ended up grabbing 500lbs if drainage gravel, 250lbs of sand and 40lbs of beer.

901C21E4-9EFE-4E8F-A8F0-9802EF546A5D.jpeg

4231FC96-6297-41A2-A0D8-168DC57AAF34.jpeg

Can not wait for this nonsense to be over.

Last edited:
I don't have many pictures, but the SC400 is about to get a lot of love.

After I fixed the power steering pump on the Lexus I drove it to work everyday for a week and thought, eureka! All leaks are fixed!
Untill Friday, when I saw a new puddle, I believe the cam seals are leaking and finally made its way down the block.

I've order cam seals, new valve cover gaskets, new PCV valve and grommet and just because it's was an option I discovered it had, a cabin air filter! I hope to start work this week, last week it was too hot and I have to work on it in the driveway.

Last weekend before heading to Andy's I stopped at Harry's because they had an 94' SC400 that Andy needed the ECU (which was already taken) and the MAF from and I could use a few parts for mine and well:

Score! Heads lights in better condition than mine, driver seat that stays in the locked position (on braking my seat would like to flip forward), rear factory speaker pods with decent speakers (I have some installed that are just sheet metal screwed in and now melted due to the sun), rear parcel shelf cover and speaker covers (to clean up the look of the rear), both front windows switches (mine are going bad), trunk light (mine had melted?), And cluster to hopefully get some parts off of (Lexus has needles that are lit up and we'll.prvioisnowner painted over them and tried to use black lights to illuminate them and it didn't work...) All in for $256.

I also order new tires and have some wheels to refinish that I hope will fix my major vibration at 65+.

I'm really excited to get the work done, I really enjoy the car and would like to daily it w little more to keep the miles off the Tundra (I've already put 11k on it since January -_- )

The recent monsoon did some serious work on my retaining wall shed foundation - and I’m out of leveling sand to correct it. View attachment 2383643

Even the Bible tells you not to build on sand...
Matthew 7:26-27 - (26) And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. (27) And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

It does exactly what your picture depicts - the sand washes out from under it, settles, and everything falls apart.

Even the Bible tells you not to build on sand...

It does exactly what your picture depicts - the sand washes out from under it, settles, and everything falls apart.

Just following the manufacturer’s instructions. The sand is only about 1” deep - basically enough to do the final leveling of the blocks with a dead blow by sinking them into the sand. then there is around 6” of crusher run under that to serve as the more solid base and prevent frost heaving. Once the wall is buried I suspect I won’t have this problem but while the sand is still exposed it’s proving to be a mess of biblical proportions, for sure.

I don't have many pictures, but the SC400 is about to get a lot of love.

After I fixed the power steering pump on the Lexus I drove it to work everyday for a week and thought, eureka! All leaks are fixed!
Untill Friday, when I saw a new puddle, I believe the cam seals are leaking and finally made its way down the block.

I've order cam seals, new valve cover gaskets, new PCV valve and grommet and just because it's was an option I discovered it had, a cabin air filter! I hope to start work this week, last week it was too hot and I have to work on it in the driveway.

Last weekend before heading to Andy's I stopped at Harry's because they had an 94' SC400 that Andy needed the ECU (which was already taken) and the MAF from and I could use a few parts for mine and well:

Score! Heads lights in better condition than mine, driver seat that stays in the locked position (on braking my seat would like to flip forward), rear factory speaker pods with decent speakers (I have some installed that are just sheet metal screwed in and now melted due to the sun), rear parcel shelf cover and speaker covers (to clean up the look of the rear), both front windows switches (mine are going bad), trunk light (mine had melted?), And cluster to hopefully get some parts off of (Lexus has needles that are lit up and we'll.prvioisnowner painted over them and tried to use black lights to illuminate them and it didn't work...) All in for $256.

I also order new tires and have some wheels to refinish that I hope will fix my major vibration at 65+.

I'm really excited to get the work done, I really enjoy the car and would like to daily it w little more to keep the miles off the Tundra (I've already put 11k on it since January -_- )
Next time you hit Harrys or Joes let me know I love those places and hit at least one or the other every month. Have also been known to hit Harry's in Quakertown and Allentown!

Next time you hit Harrys or Joes let me know I love those places and hit at least one or the other every month. Have also been known to hit Harry's in Quakertown and Allentown!

Will do! Where's Joe's? I haven't heard of them.

I usually head to the Hazelton, the selection there is impressive, but I keep an eye out on the other Harry's yards as well.
I like to walk around as well if I have the time it's always interesting to see what they have that I might have missed on the inventory list.

I usually head to the Hazelton, the selection there is impressive,

I've always meant to make a trip up there, but haven't done so yet. Club trip some weekend?

Will do! Where's Joe's? I haven't heard of them.

I usually head to the Hazelton, the selection there is impressive, but I keep an eye out on the other Harry's yards as well.
I like to walk around as well if I have the time it's always interesting to see what they have that I might have missed on the inventory list.
Joes is near New Ringgold somewhat south of Tamaqua off route 895. About the same size as Harry's.

there is a part of me that hates myself that i get this excited about the smallest s***....even more so that no one is ever going to notice that they are even there.....but i'll sleep sound at night.
a few weeks ago Gary hooked me up with a handful for engine splash guards...the main one i was looking for was/is the big one under the rad and crank pulley, but then he pulled out two others i didn't know i couldn't live without...a smaller one, that i assume was to keep debris out of the erg cooler, but now serves to keep puddle splash off the header, and one i had heard of but never actually seen in person, one that provides some shielding to the front brake line frame junction point.
of course everytihing is now nicely painted and stands out like a sore thumb with all the other stuff being "weathered"...guess i'll need to drive it more to get them blended in, oh jee wiz that sucks.....
the best part is, i now "think" that there is nothing under there that im missing....i can't wait till that vision gets wrecked and i find out i'm missing some other seldom seen sheetmetal trinket.

splash20CC.jpg

splash20C.jpg

splash20B.jpg

splash20.jpg

splash20D.jpg

Last edited:
there is a part of me that hates myself that i get this excited about the smallest s***....even more so that no one is ever going to notice that they are even there.....but i'll sleep sound at night

Your quote reminded me of this -

I had a friend text me the other night and say “do you ever accomplish something that you’re super proud of and you want to tell someone about it, but you realize that nobody else you know and possibly on earth would care?”

He was referring to a video game he’d just beaten, but I can 100% relate.

Started to tear into the 1UZ and hit a couple of snags on the way, first being this:
Driver Side:
Passenger side:

To get to the came shaft seals you need to remove the distributor caps rotors and housings.
As I was working on the drivers side I noticed the bolts for the Distributor housing weren't even hand tight D'Oh! -_-
The distributor cap was melted to the housing and the rotors was melted around the cam gear spokes, I had to hammer it off from the back end of the sprocket...
My only guess is that due to the housing being loose, this thing must have been arching like crazy causing it to melt. I am just amazed at how well the car ran with the housing that loose, passenger side was not as bad but still had to be chiseled off...

Then I reached my next obstical:

The cam shaft seals I purchased are too thick D'Oh! Again! -_-
and even if I tried to used them, when you try to install the backing plate for the timing cover, it begins to push the top of the seal out....

So the distributor caps, rotors, and a different set of cam seals have been ordered and are on the way. The car sits dead again in the driveway...

The upside to this is I actually think those came shaft seals will work on the 5VZ in the 4Runner so when its finally time to do them I will be set!

i had four packages show up today and zero fedex drama...so quite pleased about that.
two of them were actually cruiser stuff.
got the tuffy in this afternoon, and it wasn't a plug and play.
their mounting bracket didn't like were my wehere seats are for some reason. a few spacers later and as was good.
i didn't like how far forward it wanted to be....the shift cane would have wanted to vibrate the knob off of the console in 4th gear....so i just moved it aft an 1" and re-drilled holes.
also figured out i had a pair of the longer passenger side mounts on the back of the drivers side seat...not sure when or why i did that, but replaced them with the shorter pair that belong there, which lowered the seat an 1" or so....which is making me very happy.
it will take me a few days to adjust to the new settings, but i already like having something to lean on...and being able to lock a blaster up in it is a super plus.
and yes i know the cup holder is on "backwards"....i'm more interested in having place to park empty containers than full ones.

july20tuffy.jpg

july20tuffyB.jpg

july20tuffyC.jpg

july20tuffyD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom