What are you working on? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of pipe, this was how we got it out of the basement

7E9459EC-339D-43B5-9FA2-D21973D0DF76.jpeg

5D48A108-CD45-4F65-A07D-376B40D05C43.jpeg

Got derailed from the truck over the weekend and took advantage of a friend that has an industrial power washer. Living among the trees is great, but it means power washing the house every few years.

Rig set up to move around the house
20200704_095147[1].jpg

Front walk ... puke. Concrete was colored at one point, but has faded over the years.

20200704_125716[1].jpg

So many spiders ... the only thing I really don't like about living in the woods.
20200705_085243[1].jpg

Much better ... at least for a few weeks.
20200705_095032[1].jpg

This is the North facing side of the house. Almost never gets direct sun. So bad after all the rain last year.
20200705_101309[1].jpg

So many spiders ... the only thing I really don't like about living in the woods.

I have a problem with this too. I was recently lamenting to a buddy at work how I pressure washed the house only to have spider webs all over a few weeks later.

He mentioned that Bonide makes a product called "Spider Killer" he has been using for a few years. He says it works great at keeping them away for 6+ months!

I have a bottle on order from the hardware store (Ace) that I am trying shortly. No place locally stocked it, but Ace can order it from their distribution center.

The morning before I started power washing ... random turkey strolling through
20200703_091055[1].jpg

Back patio was nasty as well
20200704_102835[1].jpg

Finished up and grabbed a beer, headed inside and immediately noticed something wasn't right ... house felt too warm. Not what I needed after a day out in the heat. Breaker for the AC tripped and wouldn't stay on. Opened the unit and the starter booster decided it had enough and exploded. Got lucky and a friend that has an HVAC company had one on one of his trucks.
20200705_112532[1].jpg

Back up and running for the time being, but think there is an underlying issue with the AC. Fawns in the backyard wondering why the patio furniture has been moved.
20200705_060537[1].jpg

This one decided to nap right against the house outside the kitchen window.
20200703_102756[1].jpg

I have a problem with this too. I was recently lamenting to a buddy at work how I pressure washed the house only to have spider webs all over a few weeks later.

He mentioned that Bonide makes a product called "Spider Killer" he has been using for a few years. He says it works great at keeping them away for 6+ months!

I have a bottle on order from the hardware store (Ace) that I am trying shortly. No place locally stocked it, but Ace can order it from their distribution center.

Def in for results on that 100%.

I remember asking the pest control guy what he could do about all the spiders and his reply was "Do you not see where you live? There's gonna be spiders man."

I have spiders build webs on the trucks that are outside daily. Aggravating.

Looking for some real time help if anyone is around. The machine shop doing the head took the old valve seals off and forgot they were different in terms of intake and exhaust. Apparently one has a bell shape and the other does not. Does anyone know which side gets which shape?

Are they supposed to be different? Possible I got mis-shipped parts. I don't really look at the seals at all since it's something I was paying the shop to do.

Got my answer ... bell shaped are the exhaust. Straight edges are intake.

This past weekend I decided to get a little productive since I was stuck at home and pulled the leaking power steering pump out of the SC400 to begin the reseal on it to make it stop leaking:

I won't post all the pictures I took cause as I've been told I kinda kill bandwidth with my photo posts :rolleyes: 😁

They are in this album if you care to look, kind of a picture diagram of how it came apart so I can put it back together:

Since I'll be stuck at home the next few days I hope to have this back together and the engine bay degreased. Hopefully this will be the last of the leaks and I can start to drive this car again without leaving an oil puddle everywhere

Got derailed from the truck over the weekend and took advantage of a friend that has an industrial power washer.

Bit late now, but you need one of these

Going to be cutting it close for coal mine- still have to finish the bumper, reattach the fenders and trim them, put the dash back together then trim the rear flares which shouldn’t be much work. The middle picture is the interior all sealed up.

CFF91686-61B8-4D00-B470-826E556E55BC.jpeg

875DDD34-7665-4332-B0A1-0C0C275A89C2.jpeg

64DE1845-A705-456E-BC5C-0A0684CE658C.jpeg

Also had my ear plastic surgerized today for melanoma this is the second surgery hopefully the last. Wear your sunscreen boys and girls.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Picked away at the top end install this weekend. Heads installed, valve train installed and initial lash set. Filled it with oil and got 60 psi with the drill and priming tool. Any more speed on the drill and it makes a mess withe the valve covers off. Oil comes out of all the pushrods to feed the rockers, no leaks that I’ve seen so far. Time to button up the intake, install the flywheel and clutch, and park it in the Cruiser.

Got a new roof put on the house ... thanks State Farm. Went out the next morning and found these in the driveway. No bueno. Had the roofers come back out and they pulled 4-5 more out of the driveway and then another 40 or so out of the yard. Jeez ...
20200710_101730[1].jpg

Finally got the exhaust and cats off the LX. It was way more work than expected and ended up having to cut the bolts between the cats off with a cutting wheel. Luckily I had the rear exhaust replaced a few years ago and the stainless hardware was able to be broken free. This is me starting to clean up the groove on the cat for the gasket. The old one was original and had melted into place on the flange.
20200717_104226[1].jpg

Got to the rear heater lines finally. Took off the heat shield for the exhaust and the lines started leaking. I dodged a huge bullet on this, they wouldn't have lasted much longer for sure.
20200717_115536[1].jpg

20200717_115540[1].jpg

Shifted gears over the weekend to the white cruiser. Got it stripped down for a re-spray and updating the look a bit. Excited to see how this comes out.
20200719_125835[1].jpg
20200719_125829[1].jpg
20200719_125819[1].jpg
20200719_125812[1].jpg
20200719_125804[1].jpg

Got a new roof put on the house ... thanks State Farm. Went out the next morning and found these in the driveway. No bueno. Had the roofers come back out and they pulled 4-5 more out of the driveway and then another 40 or so out of the yard. Jeez ...

Get one of these. You'll find more...

So I broke down..and got my first "mod" for the 75...I've been rocking an oem center console for decades...finally got to the point where I want something more.
I ordered a basic tuffy center console....and now get to wait a month before it ships.

finally got the shipping notice...and now the real fun begins....fedex will be handling this....fedex has been a train wreck the last few time they were used in getting me stuff....in fact they are dicking me around on a package now.
tracking said they "tried" to deliver a .......wait for it.........12 dollar package(that's with shipping) to my house yesterday at 6pm....as i was sitting in the bedroom that over looks the front street.....no fedex....there was no one to sign for it so they will try to deliver the next business day, its currently sitting at the local hub waiting to be rescheduled for delivery.....it's a bag or box that has 50 small cork bottle stops for tying bass flies....so i doubt it's even a pound in weight.

the last major go around a few weeks ago involved a new twin cylinder air compressor pump.......tracking said it was delivered on a Friday....it wasn't delivered till the following Monday...and thats just the cliff notes, there were delivery issues....it took longer to get from Middletown pa to mt joy pa, than it did to get from MN to pa.

if it goes according to the scheduled delivery date, I'll have it next Thursday......my money is on Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
i can't wait to see how this plays out....

Last edited:
All delivery services are totally overwhelmed. They are all way behind and loosing stuff. It's the New Normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom