Buy this 2006 LX 470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings gentlemen. Finally have a clean 06-07 near me, in my #1 color combo.

2006 LX 470 with 170K, 2 owner, clean carfax. Sold originally and to the 2nd owner by this same d. 2nd owner purchased as CPO in 2008 with 28K on it, since then all service at the dealer, has always lived local (pensacola/mobile). Timing belt done at 103K.

VIN JTJHT00W264017153

They have it priced at $18,900, seems high but I'm not sure how high. Reasonable to me would maybe be $16K-$17K given being an 06-07, southern truck, clean carfax, good service history, etc.?? This would certainly be a long-term purchase so honestly I'm fine with paying a little bit of a premium, but not too much. They claim the headlights, leather touch-up, re-paint of rear bumper would all be part of their "reconditioning".

No pictures on their site yet, just have these from the salesman.

IMG_1097.jpg
IMG_1098.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg
IMG_1099 (1).jpg
IMG_1101.jpg

Looks like a nice clean rig. Coming from a dealership there will be a price premium to it but if you can swing it, it seems like a decent buy.

Any particular reason why you like this one other than #1 color? Tell them you will give them $16.5k with mentioned items and raincheck to do timing belt/water pump/t-stat/heater ts as part of the deal as those things are coming up.

lol, like that would work.
do I see night vision? gasp, or are those just the holes for it?

at first I thought it was an LC just skimming since I'm in pensacola and got excited. I see it's an LX now.
I'd think 16.5 BUT, there's a lot of things that would take it lower and maybe some others that could take it higher.
I would not consider t belt and water pump/fan bracket. You could literally go another 50k without thinking about it.
Things will happen on their own and make is economical when it's needed or when you do other things.

I"m rambling.
I'll look at it if you want or meet you with it.

Last edited:
Looks like a nice clean rig. Coming from a dealership there will be a price premium to it but if you can swing it, it seems like a decent buy.

Any particular reason why you like this one other than #1 color? Tell them you will give them $16.5k with mentioned items and raincheck to do timing belt/water pump/t-stat/heater ts as part of the deal as those things are coming up.

Well, certainly the fact that it is an 06. We have a 2000 LC and a 2008 GX470, love the additional HP/variable valve timing with these years. Other than that I think it is a combination of factors such as the service history, clean carfax. This would be a daily driver and adventure rig. No major mods, just roof rack/tires/custom fiberglass 10" sub enclosure where the jack is currently located/drawer system/sliders....you know, just a couple little things :)

Our 2000 was the wife's DD for years, we are the 2nd owner, purchased in 2007. She now drives the GX470, I got that 2 years ago after getting frustrated with finding a clean 06-07 hundred series. Love the GX and it was technically supposed to be mine, but I've never really been feelin it, I guess cause it ain't a 100 series.

Yea, I've tried to put 2 deposits on rigs over the last 12-18 mos., hard not to be too late on these. They know damn well someone will come along and pay their price. MAYBE they will go down to 18K, but I doubt it, they know in another 24-48 hrs. and they'll have someone else. Gave them a deposit last night, going to look at it on Mon.

I bought my silver '06 LX like this one in Pensacola three years ago. With 217k miles, I paid $12k including four new globes and new TB work. Added 275 75s. It is fabulous. Now that my wife has her new '04 LX, this is my Sunday go to meeting truck. I'll keep transporting myself in the woods every day in my '99 LC.

I'd negotiate the TB/WP job into the price and start low, around $16k. That way you can not worry about those items for years. Or just offer $14k with no refurb at all, and live with the bumps and bruises. They happen eventually.

That thing looks beat. They could’ve at least had their guy buff the headlights for 5 minutes for a quicker sale.

And based on my experience (I’m in that industry). I would NEVER let a dealership “recondition” anything. They’ll have a guy spot paint those bumpers outside on the lot and another guy “airbrush” nicks and scratches on your interior leather. All of that will either wear off or flake off within a year or two. It’s complete garbage. Seen this done a thousand times.

If everything checks out, AHC function as it should, engine/trans/steering rack not leaking, nothing squeaking or drive funny, that isn't a bad price at all. TB/WP not due yet, you got a few more years for that, even then it's not expensive. At that mileage, you just need basic baselining and you're good to go. I paid similar for mine last year and it was worth every penny to me.

lol, like that would work.
do I see night vision? gasp, or are those just the holes for it?

at first I thought it was an LC just skimming since I'm in pensacola and got excited. I see it's an LX now.
I'd think 16.5 BUT, there's a lot of things that would take it lower and maybe some others that could take it higher.
I would not consider t belt and water pump/fan bracket. You could literally go another 50k without thinking about it.
Things will happen on their own and make is economical when it's needed or when you do other things.

I"m rambling.
I'll look at it if you want or meet you with it.

Yea, I wouldn't think I'd HAVE to do much at this time. Of course, don't trust the AHC.

Really it is just a matter of will something better come along anytime soon, to me "better" would only be fewer miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom