What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (73 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little black bear pass action in Ouray, Colorado a week ago. Heading there again for SAS in another week. Such an amazing place.

89006313-76A0-41DD-A8E9-E6C313582EDF.jpeg

4B1D82E1-B76B-406E-B85B-733FF15046A6.jpeg

291EEE3E-B6FD-4158-A1AD-7A29DE987706.jpeg

C54D2CF1-E18B-41B1-B8F8-4DFF50007F39.jpeg

New tires. I hope I can still go on vacation next week to test them out.

img_3248-jpg.2379467

Installed the oem aux fan using a 95 4Runner wiring harness, fuse and relay. Works like a charm. Wired it to the AC pressure switch so it turns on and off with pressure/temperature per SUMTOY's instructions on ABC's of cooling.

IMG_20200715_163806.jpg

IMG_20200715_164126.jpg

Installed the oem aux fan using a 95 4Runner wiring harness, fuse and relay. Works like a charm. Wired it to the AC pressure switch so it turns on and off with pressure/temperature per SUMTOY's instructions on ABC's of cooling.

View attachment 2380324
Weird timing. I'm wanting to start this project. Do you have a direct link to the instructions from Suh dude? Did you run into any complications? Any tips?

Update. Just found the thread.

Last edited:
Weird timing. I'm wanting to start this project. Do you have a direct link to the instructions from Suh dude? Did you run into any complications? Any tips?

Update. Just found the thread.

That's the one. I also looked at his 2nd edition for clues. I ended up grabbing the whole harness and relay box off the 4Runner and using one of the two relays and the 30 amp fuse. Had to decipher which terminals did what but I figured it out in the end. Still need to clean up the wiring and find the box a permanent home though.

IMG_20200722_140329.jpg

IMG_20200722_140341.jpg

Went out and spent a few days on the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route to blow off some steam. Slow pace, fun wheeling. Spent better part of a day fixing a silverado that blew a factory plastic Y heater hose and had to limp it in to town. Not fun when it's hot out and the other truck is overheating.
Definitely want to run the full WABDR at some point. Saw lots of enduro guys but only a few other vehicles in 3 days on the roads. Brand new decked out 4runner with a james baroud on the roof. Also funny that all the moto guys and even a Jeep stopped to make sure everything was okay when the truck was overheating, but the yota didnt even acknowledge us or slow down to avoid dusting everyone out

Trucks gonna need a good buff now from a lot of tight trails, :rolleyes: but impressed with the new suspension. Turbo performed flawlessly in 4 low in some steep/chunky wheeling sections.
Looking forward to getting some bigger tires/a rear bumper to clean up all the stuff hangin off the butt.
20200711_190211.jpg

20200712_204809.jpg

20200710_205125.jpg

20200711_084109.jpg

Hit up Cape Disappointment last weekend. Was not disappointed. Cruised up and down Long beach(WA) and happened upon a Pacific Northwest Tundra club meet. So of course I rolled in and asked everyone where the diesel section was. Was greeted with the expected mix of laughter and jeers. 😁

R5znCAy.jpg

that hammock looks like is designed for Wardy Joubert

Went out and spent a few days on the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route to blow off some steam. Slow pace, fun wheeling. Spent better part of a day fixing a silverado that blew a factory plastic Y heater hose and had to limp it in to town. Not fun when it's hot out and the other truck is overheating.
Definitely want to run the full WABDR at some point. Saw lots of enduro guys but only a few other vehicles in 3 days on the roads. Brand new decked out 4runner with a james baroud on the roof. Also funny that all the moto guys and even a Jeep stopped to make sure everything was okay when the truck was overheating, but the yota didnt even acknowledge us or slow down to avoid dusting everyone out

Trucks gonna need a good buff now from a lot of tight trails, :rolleyes: but impressed with the new suspension. Turbo performed flawlessly in 4 low in some steep/chunky wheeling sections.
Looking forward to getting some bigger tires/a rear bumper to clean up all the stuff hangin off the butt.

What sections did you do? Was thinking of doing a quick overnighter through the Ellensburg/Cashmere section this weekend. Any serious obstacles to deal with(if you did get out on that section)?

Ordered the Reach and the big antenna (thanks for the info Phil). Should be delivered Friday. My last road trip was the last straw for crap cell signal. Hopefully this solution will make a big difference.

Ordered the Reach and the big antenna (thanks for the info Phil). Should be delivered Friday. My last road trip was the last straw for crap cell signal. Hopefully this solution will make a big difference.
The single WeBoost has been great I moved to the RaMCruiser because everything is bluetooth and I dont need to touch the phone. It hard to tell how much better WeBoost makes it but many times I would be on the phone lose power and the call. So it does help

Upgraded my WeBoost to the the Reach with the hi-gain antenna .

The OTR antenna definitely helps. I would get it up as high as you are comfortable with though. The higher the better. I have been a dealer for quite a while and I have spent bit of time with weBoost/Wilson. Beyond the antenna (outside or inside), the largest improvements I have seen is getting the antenna up higher. My own rig gets the main part of the antenna about 8" above roofline and the performance improvement beyond the little 4" magnetic is substantial.

That's the one. I also looked at his 2nd edition for clues. I ended up grabbing the whole harness and relay box off the 4Runner and using one of the two relays and the 30 amp fuse. Had to decipher which terminals did what but I figured it out in the end. Still need to clean up the wiring and find the box a permanent home though.

View attachment 2380370

View attachment 2380373
Awesome. Thanks for posting pics. I'm surprised there wasn't any in that how to

The OTR antenna definitely helps. I would get it up as high as you are comfortable with though. The higher the better. I have been a dealer for quite a while and I have spent bit of time with weBoost/Wilson. Beyond the antenna (outside or inside), the largest improvements I have seen is getting the antenna up higher. My own rig gets the main part of the antenna about 8" above roofline and the performance improvement beyond the little 4" magnetic is substantial.

My trail and drive-in choices are too tight to be above my top and higher at its current location looks stupid. I looked a fold away but then no boost when down. I have the 4" on the center of the RamCruisers hood and it works well. It all a trade off in the end. I am just happy I dont need a cradle anymore in the 80.

Wasn't the weekend but.......
20200722_175302.jpg

Yesterday i installed the front part of my 2" OME suspension lift. Had a bad coil spring on the right front side, an desided to upgrade the whole system, instead of just replacing the front two spring. dampers was about to go also (when unmounting the left front damper, the whole thing just snapped... good timing)

Today i will finish the rear section. :)

6 nights/7 days of dispersed camping throughout CA (on our way out), UT and CO.

Only snag was my darn seat gears ate themselves again (I think) so the seat is stuck in my position and my gf can't 4 wheel anymore until I fix it. I just put new gears in before the trip so something must be wrong in the alignment I guess (frustrated at that, but otherwise the truck has been running great.)
1595514368236.png

1595514463492.png

1595514537055.png

Got the Ironman awning and the KISS drawers in just before the trip, both have been great to have (the organization of having drawers is awesome...)
The Plano rifle cases are kind of a mixed bag, they've kept out the rain but I wish they were about 2 inches taller as you just can't put that much in them...and they feel super flimsy and cheap...oh well, for about $200 for the pair I'm OK with them for now until I figure out a better option.

The OTR antenna definitely helps. I would get it up as high as you are comfortable with though. The higher the better. I have been a dealer for quite a while and I have spent a bit of time with weBoost/Wilson. Beyond the antenna (outside or inside), the largest improvements I have seen is getting the antenna up higher. My own rig gets the main part of the antenna about 8" above the roofline and the performance improvement beyond the little 4" magnetic is substantial.

I have the little 4" tall magnetic one and run it in my Subaru daily. IF I keep the LC (thinking of selling) I will get the OTR antenna for the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom