What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (23 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I figured since I spent $400 on a nice new OEM dash pad, I may as well invest in a new gauge surround too. Since I had to fix wiring issues related to my electric fan that I discovered when servicing my A/C I decided to go ahead and go ham on cleaning up & repairing the dash & gauge wiring and put in the new surround. So much nicer than the 32 y/o original. I was able to snug down the screws without the sound of plastic shattering. Very satisfying to NOT hear that sound when reinstalling a plastic part. Still keeping fingers crossed for a 62 variant of the Trail Tailor aluminum HVAC surround trim....

(the clock and vent had already been swapped over)
View attachment 2368076

View attachment 2368077

View attachment 2368078

View attachment 2368079

The small LED next to the check engine light is the indicator for my electric fan controller. When the fan's not running it glows green and as the fan ramps up (it's a variable speed PWM style controller) it will fade from green to yellow to solid red depending on the fan's speed. Also yes I know I still have to get rid of the tranny temp gauge now that I have an H55F behind the engine.
View attachment 2368080
Looks great! Where did you find the OEM Dash Pad?

Anybody knows or has the color code (other than grey) for the lower section ....
This block of metal reinforced the middle of the dash.....
View attachment 2373447
I don't have an answer, but that looks great as it is. How about Diamond Clear from Eastwood to keep it from oxidizing? And.. I can only imagine your pain not having that half sandwich tray in your dash.

Looks great! Where did you find the OEM Dash Pad?
Found that on Partsouq. $400 after shipping to the Pacific Northwest from Dubai. Got here in two days after it shipped, too, which blew my mind.

Drum brakes suck! On another note I did the brakes on a friends Prius a couple of weeks ago and it’s the exact same design scaled down. I guess when Toyota has a good idea in the 60s they stick with it.

A917DFD6-F96E-436F-9F09-5E0C00127AB1.jpeg

8AE421D4-F9D3-4418-8688-B4B9DE50DFE2.jpeg

Did the Toyota headlight upgrade. Super simple since I had an ARB headlight harness in place. These lenses replaced a set of Bosch that were better than the stock FJ60 lights but not as good as these Kiotos or IPFs.

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

Had the rig down at Cape San Blas, FL for the week. Been working on it a bit here and there since December. Got the windows tinted right bf the trip. Def the longest trip since I got her. A couple leaks that I need to chase down but all in all handled the trip pretty well.

08A2D170-3E3E-4F18-8410-14A5FE97C7D9.jpeg

Several have been asking for this kit. 60 axles for a 40/55 and 60 series. This uses a 60 axle with 80 coils and shocks, radius arms and panhard bar. Kit includes ALL brackets to convert your front to a 60 axle and 80 series components.

As with our 80 conversion kit... this is a 1:1 ratio kit. Want a 2" lift , order a 2" lift coil, etc.

Currently ONLY offering to Trail Tailor Customs customers. 1750.00 for the front bracket kit plus install.

Jason

IMG_20200720_135644933.jpg

IMG_20200720_135635385.jpg

IMG_20200720_135638278.jpg

IMG_20200720_135939659.jpg

IMG_20200720_135918132.jpg

Took a camping trip...

Drum brakes suck! On another note I did the brakes on a friends Prius a couple of weeks ago and it’s the exact same design scaled down. I guess when Toyota has a good idea in the 60s they stick with it.

Toyota, Ford Dodge, Chevy etc etc. Drum brakes are super simple and aside from the ones with dual wheel cylinders they are all pretty much the same.

After over fifteen years of ownership, I finally did my first steering knuckle this weekend! Took most of the weekend to do the driver side - expecting the passenger side to now go a bit quicker.... to quote a friend who knew me and this rig in high school, there’s nothing like seeing new parts on an old friend...

EF13AC32-BA42-40D4-BF22-FF48696EFC05.jpeg

F176A8E6-A90B-48AE-989A-27A13FD4FC6E.jpeg

Drilled enlarged holes in side and bottom of box frame to clear out the crud from many years of cruising, then I will mix up a custom batch of waxoyl to coat the interior of the box frame. Messy job, but must be done for the long haul.

Finished the planned audio upgrades on the rig with some speakers. Went pretty low budget as mobile audio goes but ended up with a decent sounding setup. With all 5 1/4" speakers it lacks in the low end. Might play around with a separate amp and sub if it bugs me, the deck has a sub output.

The truck came with a Kenwood mid-range 1-DIN deck, I had a Kenwood compact "400W" amp installed some time ago and have just had placeholder Pyle speakers since. All the doors and floors have Cascade Audio Engineering sound dampening installed.

Focal ICU130 5.25" in the front doors & PC 130F 5.25" in the rear. Replaced some Pyle marine speakers.

The ICUs are Focal's universal integration shallow-depth speakers, but the windows still glanced the magnets on the way down. Had to shim them out with some 3/8" rigid foam rings. The fall back plan for the front speakers were tried-and-true Kicker CSC5, which for the money sounded pretty good but they had to overcome a diesel and got kind of shaggy at higher volume with the mini amp. The Focals seem to be a bit more efficient, but I wouldn't say they're double-the-money better. Picture is from before I shimmed them out. The fit fine behind stock grilles with a good 1/2" between the tweeter and grille.

The rears are in Wagon Gear panels with the factory mount bolt pattern and I didn't want to drill them, so I created some spacer rings out of PVC with both hole patterns. They're a bit boomy in the the cavernous rear quarter cavities. I'll pack some foam behind them to cut that down and keep storage items out of the back of the speakers.

IMG_20200718_222434.jpg
IMG_20200722_211624.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom