What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you sound proofing? While it's accessable, would you possibly be able to take quick measurements of the rear AC unit? Just rough approximate LWD, if you have a chance please. I'm thinking about installing an Eberspacher heater in that spot for cold weather camping, but I want to make sure it's going to fit and I've been too lazy to pull that panel yet. Thank you if you can, and no big deal if you can't!
Rust fixing first and then sealing up the interior and then finally sound insulation as much as I can find time for.
The rear A/C unit takes 21 x 14 x 8 inches of space. Let me know if you want any closeups etc.

New battery, new trim piece above tag ordered and new cables for tailgate. Alternator and PS pump next week. Putting her back into service after being out of action for awhile. 17yr old son wants my Tacoma😏 I'll miss it but looking forward to driving the green machine again

Ain't nothing to be skeered off :hillbilly:

View attachment 2373352
Just a hunch, but I'm guessing @jLB was talking about this?
20200716_134219.png

How do you like the Gazelle tent?
We love it! It was not cheap by our standards, but saves so much time every time we set up and tear down, which we do for days/ weeks at a time. (6 weeks in it last summer and about 2 this summer)

We love it! It was not cheap by our standards, but saves so much time every time we set up and tear down, which we do for days/ weeks at a time. (6 weeks in it last summer and about 2 this summer)

The weight and lack of vestibule were worrisome to me, and the fact that it basically has to be on the roof. But man is that easy setup appealing!

I replaced the fuel pump today with a Denso from Rock Auto for $111 with the filter, in tank fuel line, and hose clamps included. I had already ordered the replacement lid gasket on my last McGeorge order. I'm pretty sure the pump I took out was the original at 21 years and 310,000 miles.
IMG_20200716_180527.jpg
IMG_20200716_171411.jpg

The weight and lack of vestibule were worrisome to me, and the fact that it basically has to be on the roof. But man is that easy setup appealing!
Yep, but one tent for 7 people; two twins, a queen, and a single, it’s hard to beat. It is heavy, so my wife can’t set it up, but one 12 year old and I can have it off the roof and up w/ the rain fly in under 10 minutes. We also choose to camp more than one night per location when traveling, when possible.

picked up this 02 this week! I've always liked the 100-series, glad to finally have one in the fleet!
@Das Shtig

00000_aPj9UNkUtlH_0t20lM_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Greased the driveshaft in preparation for my camping trip and haven't done it since I did my lift.

Anybody have some good tips for cleaning out the old grease? Used some Q tips but still time consuming and messy! Open to suggestions.

Saw this in NH. Any pics of the undercarriage? Would like to see how rust free a NH truck really is. I'm from MA and had to go to AZ to find a truly rust free example.
Congrats...clean truck!

It's pretty clean. It saw one NH winter so just enough to start some light corrosion. The truck lived in Miami it's whole life.

IMG_20200714_145615.jpg

IMG_20200714_145550.jpg

IMG_20200714_145533.jpg

IMG_20200714_145413.jpg

IMG_20200714_145625.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom