Partsouq Shipping Head Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WOW yes that's nothing. Thanks for such a good visual on it. Need to order the set soon so this will help a lot- $$$

Like I say, half the cost. I used it on my brand new 1FZ build, zero issues and all OEM gaskets. If I had any doubts I would not use it, over $10k in the engine build and counting.

Cheers

Not that this thread needs any more input, But I am probably a couple grand in with PartSouq at this point, and it has been nothing but positive. I did receive one notice that they were closed for two weeks due to CoViD-19, that slowed an order down but I still received it the next week, a week earlier than they were supposed to reopen. Like others, I am shocked that I can receive parts from them faster than from a dealer 100 miles away. Their parts lookup is also far better than USA Toyota sites. I was very hesitant to order from them initially, but now wish I had sooner. The only concerns I have are if you have to return anything, and you do have to watch shipping a bit. I have seen the shipping on a part very different one day to the next. They must dynamically calculate current rates / available vendors. I have heard returns can be a problem. of course Honestly I would like to support my local dealer, but they charge over list. I also try to support vendors here, but for the OEM items that are very expensive or never came in to the states (my last order was the 105 sector shaft and radius arm) they fill a niche. One comment, and maybe addressing the wrong part numbers above, you have to be careful to select your model correctly, preferably by VIN. They have listings for MULTIPLE vehicle / engine / option combinations that were not available in the US. So, with the caveat of supporting local and Mud vendors when I can, PartSouq is a great option. BTW, trivia... Seems a souq is a market, so the strange (to an American) name literally means parts market...

Jason

@SNLC

Is there a part number for the valve grind kit as well? Or, should I just order the head gasket kit you noted? 04111-66061

I am looking for all upper gaskets, studs, nuts and valve seals....

I have been waiting 1-1/2 months for one locally.

@SNLC

Is there a part number for the valve grind kit as well? Or, should I just order the head gasket kit you noted? 04111-66061

I am looking for all upper gaskets, studs, nuts and valve seals....

I have been waiting 1-1/2 months for one locally.

It’s a full kit with head gasket. It comes with valve stem seals. Some gaskets are different because it is a coil pack 1fz kit.

Cheers

I am about to pull the trigger on new roof moulding and the windshield side mouldings for my 2000 LC,
All the pieces and a handful of the plastic coated rivets are just over 400 shipped. Dang near half what the local dealer wants!

My concern is the mouldings in their boxes.... They need to stay straight...

After reading all this I believe I'll give it a go!

Actually just got 4 new moldings from them about a month ago. They’re pristine. These guys know how to package sh*t for a trip over the ocean. You’ll be good.

These guys know how to package sh*t for a trip over the ocean. You’ll be good.

Agreed. I've never gotten a package that wasn't well protected. Box inside a box, lots of tape, small parts 'mummified' in bubble wrap.

My HG kit came from partsouq and no problem. Ordered a bunch of stuff from them as well for my 105 upgrade and no issue. Stupid quick usually as well.

Ordered from them numerous times. Parts arrive in perfect condition and arrive very fast. Never an issue.

Only good things to say about Partsouq here too. Dozens of orders from them over the past couple of years. Things always got here VERY quickly and without damage. Packaging is the best I've seen anywhere. Also seen fragile items attached to ply like others have reported.

Someone asked earlier about import tax/duty. In Australia, I've only been hit with this once. It was also the only time I picked FedEx shipping, although that was a coincidence I think. I usually pick DHL, which I find is often cheaper here to Australia. This particular order was the physically largest and most expensive order I've made through them, coming in at around $2000 AUD including shipping, with new prop shafts front and rear, a new wiper linkage, OEM snorkel head, and tons of hoses, gaskets, seals, hardware, etc. Cost me an extra $400, which stung, but I still got the parts for over $4000 cheaper than I would have through a dealer here, so I'm not complaining. I suspect splitting the order would have dodged the duties.

I still have nothing really negative to say about PartSouq, order away. Couple of things to be aware of though. Once since my last posting here some parts were delayed (only by a day or so) because they triggered some import paperwork. It was UPS, and they couldn't really tell me why, although they assumed it was because of how some of the parts were labeled. Seems safety systems parts (brakes) and things like axles trigger the import laws flags. I had to complete and return a motor vehicle import form describing the parts and use. The most irritating thing has been recently, a combination of how they operate and the supply chain situation in the world. Their processing times have increased from 1-2 days to 7-10 days. Seems fair in the current state of things. The problem is, that processing time includes them getting the parts from their dealer stock, not just getting it out to you. To me, if san item is in stock and I pay for it, I expect that item to be mine. and to have very little risk of not receiving it. With the way PartSouq works, the part can still be sold out from under you by the dealer during that processing time. A good and a bad thing is, when this happens, they IMMEDIATELY refund your money for the out of stock part and ship the rest of the order. What this can result in is my last order, $300 or so worth of parts from them, I wake up and see a ship notice in my in box, YAY ! Wait, two messages below is a refund for half the order amount... A couple of parts had gone out of stock while I was waiting and weren't there when my order was shipped. It's great that they immediately refund with no questions asked, but since I am often combining items to reduce the overall cost of shipping, I risk not really saving much with them if I have to pay shipping on one or two large items, and all the smaller stuff that didn't add to my shipping costs is cancelled and refunded. I really wish there was an option to backorder / hold the order until all parts are in stock. Again, I still love them and will continue to do business with them, but thought everyone should be aware of this little catch right now.

Jason

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago when I was ordering parts for my steering box upgrade. They showed having the 105 sector shaft and few days later when everything shipped, I had a refund and it showed they didn't have the shaft after all. Still like you said, I'm going to keep buying from them.

You know what people love more than their 80? Their wallet.

Head gasket was damaged ordered via partsouq. Slightly crumpled corner. Ordered another from local dealer. Ate the cost as I didn’t have time to waste.

I continue to buy from the usual sources including partsouq based on… you guessed it. Price and availability.

You know what people love more than their 80? Their wallet.

Head gasket was damaged ordered via partsouq. Slightly crumpled corner. Ordered another from local dealer. Ate the cost as I didn’t have time to waste.

I continue to buy from the usual sources including partsouq based on… you guessed it. Price and availability.
In the rare occasion a part is damaged during transport from Partsouq, take a picture and contact them. They’ll make it right.

In the rare occasion a part is damaged during transport from Partsouq, take a picture and contact them. They’ll make it right.
I’ve done it before. But like I said, no time to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom