Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

+ 1 cupholder and ashtray panel replacement (Ram mount + partial M4V3.1 switch mount type replacement ashtray panel?)
1584478265085-png.2241596

Last edited:
Installed @BenCC’s M2V2 Left Ram Ball mount and a phone holder. Relocated my Hazard and CDL switches to the left side panel. More complicated than it seems... had to re-wire some stuff, add a relay, and modify the internals of the new CDL switch to be push-on/push-off instead of momentary.

0A928152-F8FA-412A-8273-96CD54DC3D20.jpeg
53761F1E-EDEA-44D8-9FE2-8EEB9EE622E2.jpeg
AEDC9550-03EA-4847-80EF-7926EBF8174B.jpeg

Hazard switch P/N is 84332-26120, CDL switch P/N is 84725-35050.

Ball arm is:

Phone holder is:

Installed @BenCC’s M2V2 Left Ram Ball mount and a phone holder. Relocated my Hazard and CDL switches to the left side panel. More complicated than it seems... had to re-wire some stuff, add a relay, and modify the internals of the new CDL switch to be push-on/push-off instead of momentary.

View attachment 2367672View attachment 2367673View attachment 2367674

Hazard switch P/N is 84332-26120, CDL switch P/N is 84725-35050.

Ball arm is:

Phone holder is:
I have the same phone holder! The arm looks good, added to my cart.

I got the molex connectors and pins.
They are so tiny! My crimper is just too large. Any recommendation? Thanks.

View attachment 2366115
I have the actual Molex ones at work, and they're awesome for the tiny pins because they have a little flip out thing that holds it in place while you crimp. Unfortunately they're like three hundred bucks! 😣 Iwiss has some pretty decent looking ones in the thirty dollar range, but I haven't tried that particular one. I've used some of their other crimpers over the years with good results though.

ETA that I just ordered these from Amazon for under thirty bucks for the pile of new underhood connectors that I have on the way. They look like they'll be good for the .2-.5mm range for the sumitomos. Not sure how small yours are, but I'll let you know how they work for me. It also looks like the jaws are removable. I sometimes like to do the wire and insulation/seal separately depending on how it goes, so it's nice to be able to remove one side of the jaws for that. I should get some mileage out of them this week with new coil and injector connectors.

Amazon product ASIN B078WPT5M1
***For future reference, the Iwiss crimp tool above worked for Ben with the Molex non sealed pins, but did not work great for my sealed Sumitomo ones. I found a pair of Tool Aid 18600 on Amazon for <$20 that worked quite well on the sealed connectors.

Last edited:
Any plans or considerations for the ram/mic mounts for us with 03+ trucks? Thanks Ben. Your'e work is phenominal

IMO, RAM mount in the overhead console is not safe. The combined weight of the ball, arm, holder, phone/pad is too much for the location.
Oh i wasnt clear, i dont want a ram mount over head, i was hoping your design for the ashtray replacement would be a bank of switches like M4v3 and a ram mount on the driver side.

this could be a good option for the 03+ Crowd that has no obvious spot for an integrated ram mount like early 100s

No plan for 03+ trucks. Sorry. Let me know if you can find a proper place for the RAM ball.
Maybe an air vent clip? Could be a lot of weight on that one stress point though... could be suitable for a radio clip though

Oh i wasnt clear, i dont want a ram mount over head, i was hoping your design for the ashtray replacement would be a bank of switches like M4v3 and a ram mount on the driver side.

this could be a good option for the 03+ Crowd that has no obvious spot for an integrated ram mount like early 100s
That is a MUST

Reactions: ls6
Finally a guy trust me with his switch-pros. Thanks @Trail Rated.

This is the prototype. The print lines is caused by very thick layers (0.3 mm) for fast print. Final product will use a dynamic layer thickness from 0.3 mm to 0.05 mm.

1594510165940.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom