Wits' End bad experience, buyer beware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

user20084603

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm very disappointed in Joey, as I've bought several things from Wits' End and bought a stainless brake line kit to install on my 80 series.

Unfortunately, the kit was short one type of hose, and long another. No big deal I thought, I'll just ask Joey for help, never got upset since mistakes happen.

He responded quickly and seemed like he really intended to help me figure out the problem. Then after speaking with my mechanic a couple times, Joey stopped responding to calls, texts, etc and has completely disappeared / screened our calls, and I am sitting here with a mismatched kit.

I'm so disappointed, I hate it when people you thought you could trust let you down.

I'm very disappointed in Joey, as I've bought several things from Wits' End and bought a stainless brake line kit to install on my 80 series.

Unfortunately, the kit was short one type of hose, and long another. No big deal I thought, I'll just ask Joey for help, never got upset since mistakes happen.

He responded quickly and seemed like he really intended to help me figure out the problem. Then after speaking with my mechanic a couple times, Joey stopped responding to calls, texts, etc and has completely disappeared / screened our calls, and I am sitting here with a mismatched kit.

I'm so disappointed, I hate it when people you thought you could trust let you down.
No buyer beware if you had clue what's been going on. And besides this is TECH not RANT and there is separate place for this stuff.

Last edited:
Joey has got a lot going on. We are very fortunate to have someone with his talents dedicated to keeping our 80s running. Feel bad that you've had an unfortunate experience, but he has a lot of things going on that are out of his hands. To disparage him after a bad experience even after admitting that you've had previous positive (at least it seems so) experiences isn't right to me. I will happily continue to do business with Joey. Lord knows, I'm far from perfect - so I won't expect him to be, either.

Take some time to educate yourself. Since a lot of us benefit from the unique stuff/service Joey has to offer, I doubt you’re gonna get much sympathy here. You’re not the only one waiting on parts, Karen, I’m right here with you.

Thats great that you havent been screwed yet. Best of luck that it doesnt happen to you.

I'm not 'waiting on parts' bud, he's not sending me a damn thing. He stopped answering calls because he doesn't want to deal with it or make it right. I know this is basically a fan site, but if I took my customers money and then ghosted them with zero explanation, I should be called out too.

Thats great that you havent been screwed yet. Best of luck that it doesnt happen to you.

I'm not 'waiting on parts' bud, he's not sending me a damn thing. He stopped answering calls because he doesn't want to deal with it or make it right. I know this is basically a fan site, but if I took my customers money and then ghosted them with zero explanation, I should be called out too.

If you followed him on Instagram you would know what the issue are. Good luck in your build without using Wit's End. Your logic is faulty because you try to make a sweeping dismissal of everyone who doesn't agree with you by calling them "fans" of Wit's End. People become fans when they have a positive experience - which most here have with Wit's End. When the other poster suggested you educate yourself he was trying to inform you that you could in fact find an explanation for your problem. I also take issue with you when assume to know his state of mind for not responding to you in a manner that you find timely. When he gets a chance, Joey will be more than willing to give you a refund. Again, good luck with your build.

Last edited:
Its a business, period. I can't spend my time following businesses on social media to learn about their shipping problems or their "state of mind" when they have taken my money.

I was patient for WEEKS before saying anything publicly, and now its obvious he doesn't think its worth his time, and he knows it too little money to take to claims court.

Maybe this will finally get his attention.

Take issue all you want, obviously you're his pal, but if it was your money and time I bet you would feel differently.

1594147303979.jpeg

Whats your order number. I’ll refund you and we can both be on our way. I can’t help everyone.

I was going to post on here about how it was nice that you refunded the money for the entire kit, which I never asked you to do.

The order date isn't relevant, I had a sick kid and wasn't able to work on my truck for months, then COVID happened. I am sorry you are apparently having problems with your shop, but you chose to ignore me and the mechanic after 1 or 2 phone calls and texts, where you told me you wanted to help, but then when it became apparent I had a double set of hoses I got ignored. I don't understand what caused you to decide I wasn't important enough to bother with, but I guess since youve helped so many other friends on here that are more important I dont matter. I really don't get it, but I guess please continue to make fun of someone who couldn't help but start a project later than he wanted. Hope the reason never happens to you and your family.

All the best in the parts business, everyone else seems to like you so I guess its just not my year.

Name removed.

Afternoon Mud :flipoff2:

While meandering through random mud postings I stumbled upon this one.

I'll keep my comments to my own personal experience and can assure anyone there's nothing for a buyer to be aware of when it comes to Wits End.

I have no idea how many orders I have with Joey @NLXTACY over the last two and a half years of building and restoring my 1997 80 series. I order stuff all the time.

One of the first things I ordered was the brake kit stainless steel braided extended lines. This job isn't difficult but it required a high level in detail of fitment and patience. My kit can complete as well as every order I've ever had with Wit's End.

BilllyGoatMTB 2 cents.......

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's unfortunate if someone had a bad experience but I do not agree with buyer beware or posting something blowing up a vendor who makes such fabulous epic stuff for our Rigs.

I think this thread should be deleted completely. It is slanderous, and inaccurate. Honestly this is the first time I've been disappointed on mud, it's ridiculous and I now feel like I need to take a shower.

This thread is easily :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: difficulty to read. REDICULIOUS!

I’m glad I found this thread so I can warn other forum members also. Plenty of wits end groupies on this forum and probably the only way you would get a response from this clown. I’m just a Joe Shmoe and ordered a part from Wits end and waited a few weeks and silence. Sent an email to follow up, nothing. Several other attempts to try to get an update were flat out ignored.

But mr wits posts on mud all day, social media, etc but can’t take the time to return paying customers emails. I was just looking for a simple update. “Sorry bud short on parts and it’s looking like 4-6 weeks” how hard is that?? All you fanboy groupies saying he is doing the community a “favor“ making rad s*** is the most stupid thing I heard. He has a business plain and simple and has no respect for paying customers money if it doesnt suit his convenience. I work hard for my money and it’s plain disrespectful that the money I spend at a business that doesn’t respect that. A small business at that.

One thing this pandemic supply s*** storm has showed is that there are plenty of businesses that like to play the overworked supply issue card all day long and that you have to take whatever s***ty service they give you.

I ended up disputing the charge with my credit card because he refused to respond back. I’m not the only one and have seen other customers complain on social media saying how come they won’t return their emails.

Buyer beware..beneath all the fan boy posts is a business run by a soup nazi! I would never give this clown a cent of money ever again.

@bajaguy949 you literally ordered one thing from me and you, unfortunately, may have clowned yourself by not reading. Sorry if I choose not to waste my time answering questions that could be answered by reading before ordering.

Hate to say it but you are the exact type of customer folks don’t want. I dodged a bullit. 🍺

C9F480E7-45D2-4EA8-9A28-5FED05781CBF.png

@bajaguy949 you literally ordered one thing from me and you, unfortunately, may have clowned yourself by not reading. Sorry if I choose not to waste my time answering questions that could be answered by reading before ordering.

Hate to say it but you are the exact type of customer folks don’t want. I dodged a bullit. 🍺

View attachment 2952873
Wrong! Not sure when you posted that on your page but that was no where listed on your page when I ordered two months ago. Maybe you finally decided to put that up after you got tired of people bitching at you. You have enough fanboys so you‘re all good!

You just posting that seriously shows what kind of scum you are trying to cover your s*** service up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom