TJM T17 bumper with fogs instead of indicators (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve tried searching to see if this has been done, with no luck.

I am still hunting for the right bumper for my ‘00 LC100, and I’ve always liked the TJM, not only for price point but also the appearance and high clearance; however, I can’t get over losing my factory fogs.

Wondering if anyone has had experience modding the indicator slots for fog lamps to which they wired back to the factory switch... I would also be installing auxiliary fogs on the bumper itself.

Thanks

I'm interested in the T17 bumper as well and was thinking about the fog light situation. I believe the best option is to just cut 3inx3in holes and insert your own lights. Seems like there is room between the indicator light and the nose of the bumper.

upload_2018-9-21_23-10-20.png

I'm interested in the T17 bumper as well and was thinking about the fog light situation. I believe the best option is to just cut 3inx3in holes and insert your own lights. Seems like there is room between the indicator light and the nose of the bumper.

View attachment 1794894

I would like to utilize two of the existing holes without cutting if possible.

You should just be able to wire them to your existing fogs and get the proper bulbs.

Did you have to drill holes to mount those lights? Ideally, I would like to utilize a bumper location for factory dogs and the auxiliary fogs like yours on an additional switch.

Either way, yours looks damn good.

That bumper has two tiny holes on top for lights to be attached as the setup above.

@Colorado kid what did you hook the small indicator lights on the TJM to? Also what lights are the round ones? Where'd you get em? Seriously considering this bumper. You be willing to post some more pictures of it? From different angles? Specifically a profile shot from the side and on from the top as well.

@Colorado kid what did you hook the small indicator lights on the TJM to? Also what lights are the round ones? Where'd you get em? Seriously considering this bumper. You be willing to post some more pictures of it? From different angles? Specifically a profile shot from the side and on from the top as well.
Spliced into the turn signal and running lights respectively. Round are just some cheap arb looking knock offs. They work well. Although I bought the cruiser with this bumper I do enjoy it. It looks great so no more pics, sorry I’m lazy. This is a great mid level bumper to save on weight but still be effective

If you want lights to function as actual fog lights, they need to be actual fog beam lights and mounted very low on the bumper.

The holes circled above would block access to the free spool handle on the winch. At the bottom of the bumper in the center there are two holes, 2" by 3.5" that would work well if cut out a bit to fit proper fogs. That's my plan as of now but my calls and emails to LED sellers on their beam patterns have been fruitless.

Any lights bolted on top of the bumper are going to be no better than the factory headlamps if used during fog.

Winches are subjective. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom