What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (79 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in the process of doing the same, I’ve got the rears already and I’m just about to order the front shocks... Did you ask them to set up the shocks/resi for the front that way or is that just the way they came...?

Looking forward to hearing how they worked out for you..

Thanks, Chris
This is how they came.. it would be pretty easy to make them piggy back in the front. I might try it. The only thing I don't like is the fron mounts. The ride great.. i am still playing with the adjusters. I have icon springs and these shocks pair perfectly with them.

Took the 80 camping in the yard and watched Independence Day on the big screen:)

DD93FDF2-C6B5-4724-A49D-EC52C48BDFE7.jpeg

D55FEE5B-2D59-43EB-BF6F-05158F661AE3.jpeg

34D6DD01-B174-4E19-8B38-F64F2F7C6646.jpeg

Had a super nice 4th all to ourselves, well except for the dear and this fox! One of the deer that had three fawns chased this fox into our camp!
On the other hand, I must admit having a hot shower when camping is worth it!

780_0479.JPG

780_0465.JPG

780_0469.JPG

Last edited:
550 miles exploring southwestern Colorado with my son. About 200 on dirt. All kinds of conditions, rain, hail, rocks, mud. The last photo simply doesn't do the mud pit justice. I made it about 2/3 the way up out of the hole and up the side, but once the trailers weight met gravity, the rig didn't like that. Both rear 35's basically sunk into the mud, rear bumper under the mud and the tongue of the trailer under the mud. No pics being stuck, we were just focused on a clean recovery. Luckily, I have learned to be prepared, so out came the winch and 5min later, we were out and parked where the pic was taken. Some clown in a JK tried the left line, making new trail which I really don't like, he failed and turned around, but not until after seeing my sucessful navigation through the mud with my trailer. I can only assume I created a bit of Land Cruiser envy that day.

bwlc-1.jpg
bwlc-2.jpg
bwlc-3.jpg
bwlc-4.jpg

Last edited:
You won’t go very deep in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest here in WA without a chainsaw. It’s like a jungle! I gave consideration to dragging the 80 over that log but since I was alone and it was about time to find a camp spot for the evening I decided against it.

I am a big believer in never hitting the trail without my chain saw. I hate to have to turn around. With that said, that log in the last couple of pictures might be a bit beyond what I'd be willing to tackle on the trail. :)
Did someone say Chainsaw? Just picked up these for the house, will be taking the 12" camping in the future.

20200705_212752.jpg

my wife prefers the milwaukee chainsaw to my gas stihl,easier for her to use and less noisy.that what i throw in my LC for mountain trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom