Covercraft Land Cruiser vs. LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Morning! New 2008 LX570 owner here, looking to purchase a covercraft sunshade. We have one for our GX and love it. Issue is the part number for land cruiser is in stock and I could have it in a couple days, part number for LX570 is made to order and everywhere says estimated ship date is 2-3 weeks. It's hot in Texas and I'm looking to solve this ASAP! Anyone know if they are actually any different? Or will the LC200 version work just fine in my LX? Thanks in advance for the help!
LX570.jpg

Welcome to Mud! Nice LX. One clue I found is that the part number for the Weathertech custom fit sunshade for the ‘08 LC and ‘08 LX are different. Not sure what that means, but it’s a data point similar to what you found with Covercraft. And, BTW, the Weathertech is nice. @bloc also posted a nice shade in the less than $100 mods thread.

This is the one that @bloc posted:

Amazon product ASIN B00CU4KXC4
Says it fits my '15 LC, but you are correct that it is not supposed to fit the LX. A clue might be that it says it fits my truck "without rear view camera option". Maybe this is the difference?

thats good info, I do not have a rear view mirror cam either. I may just give it a try, amazon returns are awesome if it doesn't work out.

I seem to remember the LX having a much more bulky assembly around the rear view mirror mount on the windshield. That said my covercraft shade has quite a bit of room there. I’ll see if I can get some detailed pics of that area.. it’s possible covercraft just saw that it’s different and assumed it wouldn’t work out of an abundance of caution.

UVS100 series in a 2013 landcruiser.

44C22AF6-1784-4766-A2F9-335F39A4DF1D.jpeg

yep those look exactly the same. Thanks for the help! Much appreciated

I’d verify the dash profiles look the same and if so go for it.

It's ordered, I'll report answers when it arrives!

Just ordered a weathertech myself. Amazon vs their direct website were $0.25 difference.

How did it work out? Did the LC model fit the LX?

I ordered the LC version because an amazon dealer claimed to have it in stock, waited approx 3 weeks with no tracking and cancelled it because amazon updated stock for the LX version. currently I have the LX version installed so I cannot, unfortunately, comment on LC model fitment into an LX sorry. I can recommend covercraft to the moon and back though, have one now for our GX and LX and both are amazing quality.

I ended up with the LC Model (was $15 less than the LX). Fit seems pretty good, though I’m not 100% sure if it’s “right”. See photos below.

View attachment 2414930

View attachment 2414931

View attachment 2414932

View attachment 2414933
Fits about the same as mine that per covercraft is the correct model.

If you want the top to sit tighter to the windshield you can use the little extra sunvisors on top of the big normal ones. The different pivot location will help keep it flush. I usually do this if I plan to park the truck for longer than a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom