Help! Camshaft Position Sensor Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m not sure if this violates terms of service on this forum but I am in a bad spot. I am in the middle of a PCS move and my 2008 LC200 is broken down in Indianapolis, stopped for dinner and went out to the truck and the engine does not turn over/starter doesn’t appear to turn on. Pulled codes and came up with issues related to the camshaft position sensor. Tried to clear the codes but it was still a no go. Went to the auto store and bought the part, but I can’t find any info on where the sensor is located. Can anyone help/send a picture? Thanks in advance!

How many miles on the car?

Camshaft position sensor issue is not common.

Did you say it's not turning over at all? Starter failure is common over 100k and could result in a similar code as the ECU expects to see the motor turn over via the position sensors.

Starter repair is not an easy job unfortunately. And can put you at a dead stop and not fire up again until a fix.

You may be able to jump the car via a long screwdriver to tap the contacts on the starter but it's a risky and difficult manuever.

yeah, we replaced the sensor and it was a no go...checking the solenoid tomorrow and trying to find a mechanic that is open that can help us. Thanks for the tip!

Possible that the ecu thinks it is turning over but doesn’t see any cam signal so it is throwing that code.
Sounds like starter solenoid is the ultimate problem to me.

Here's a couple links that may help you out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom