Trailer hitch storage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When not in use, where do y’all store the trailer hitch in the vehicle? Is there a factory location for this? Just curious if I am overlooking a cubby.
Thanks!

Canvas Bag next to sub woofer. In that bag I have hitch, hitch pin, 7 pin to 5 pin trailer light converter, 20" 5 pin to 5pin cable, flash light, 30ft 15K lb tow rope, pair of leather gloves and 4 clean rags.

Similar to the above reply, I have a series of small bags that contain all my vehicle-related goodies. I have them stacked between the driver's side rear wall and the dog crate.

Canvas Bag next to sub woofer. In that bag I have hitch, hitch pin, 7 pin to 5 pin trailer light converter, 20" 5 pin to 5pin cable, flash light, 30ft 15K lb tow rope, pair of leather gloves and 4 clean rags.
I've got more or less the same, + a spare brake controller...all in a Rubbermade locking box.

I store my trailer hitches with my trailer. Why store them in the truck?
I keep mine in the garage, but have a similar philosophy. The only reason I can see having one in the rig is if I need to tow something unexpectedly, which has never happened (at least not yet). I do haul a tow hitch recovery point in the rear drawers, but not my trailer hitch.

I store my trailer hitches with my trailer. Why store them in the truck?
This ^^. I have an empty battery box in a trailer compartment I use for drawbar storage. I already have more than enough stuff in the truck.

Keep mine where the jack is supposed to be, in the side panel on the passenger side. Don’t off road and I don’t change flat tires.

I keep mine in the garage, but have a similar philosophy. The only reason I can see having one in the rig is if I need to tow something unexpectedly, which has never happened (at least not yet). I do haul a tow hitch recovery point in the rear drawers, but not my trailer hitch.
Same. I have an Andersen WDH which weighs about 30 pounds. It stays in my garage.

Awesome. Thanks for the replies y’all. There have been a few times in the past where I have needed one and always like to keep one with me.

Get a cheap tool bag at the hardware store of your choice and throw the hitch in there along with a snatch strap, lifting sling, shackles, work gloves, and other things you deem necessary for basic vehicle recovery. Stays in the back against the second row, and is all easy to remove or toss in the passenger or other floor board if I need all of the storage area in back for something.

I store my WDH in the garage, but regardless, this handy device sure makes it easier to move around. The thing weighs a ton!

Amazon product ASIN B00HSO37B0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom